facebook

clarification

by: ADPi

Recently, there's been some questions about this year's recruitment- particularly, about ADPi not taking quota. I'd like to clarify our reason for doing this and answer questions.
First and foremost, I'd like to point out that this year was only ADPi's 3rd formal recruitment. Basically, we are a baby chapter in sorority years. Being a new sorority, recruitment is hard. ADPi is just not big in Mississippi, but we try to recruit the best that we can.
During past recruitments, we've tried to make our numbers bigger. With those two pledge classes, we've gotten AMAZING girls who strive to make our chapter better every day. But also with those numbers, we've gotten some grade risks, girls that are iffy about Greek life in general, and girls who just straight up don't want to be a part of our chapter. Taking a large number of girls in order to meet quota has not worked for us so far.
So this year, instead of taking X amount of girls to meet/exceed quota, we decided to take less than quota in order to get girls who actually want to be a part of our chapter and will hopefully make a positive impact on it for years to come. We called our Nationals to get this approved, and they gave us consent.
Overall, ALL EIGHT of our chapters got amazing girls. We are so excited about our new girls, and I know all of the other sororities are excited about theirs too. I hope that all of the new members found their home away from home and absolutely love their chapter as much as I love mine.

Posted By: ADPi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MSU greek   

ADPi, wishing you the best. You have great current active members and got an awesome pledge class this recruitment. I have ADPi friends in top chapters in other SEC schools and they are very strong on those campuses.

By: MSU greek
#2  by: Best wishes!   

It infuriates me to the core that you have had to come onto this site and defend your chapters' choices from this recruitment. Y'all are doing what is best for y'all and I wish you never but best of luck! I think this recruitment strategy will help y'all in the long run! Y'all are amazing and never let anyone tell you differently!!

By: Best wishes!
#3  by: True   

Houses do this all the time. People forget a few years ago DG only had like 64 bids. And zeta took under quota to help build a better chapter. It's quality not quantity. I think adpi has the right idea it's about building a sisterhood

DDD Pi Phi may not have the largest numbers but they have a much stronger sisterhood than the "top houses".

By: True
by: Fact checkingAug 21, 2015 10:03:17 AM

First of all, I think it was extremely smart of ADPi to take 72 girls that were quality and wanted to be there. It's a bold move but one that will pay off and I'm glad they're thinking about the future, not the this bid day. I wanted to add though, I've been around DG rushes from having an older family member in the chapter and now being in the chapter myself for about 10 years, and DG has made quota every year for at least the last decade. I have no idea about before then, but it would be so long ago I doubt it's even relevant now. Quota has bounced back and forth from 62-89 the last few years with more girls rushing and adding new sororities, but we've always made quota and normally have some additions too!

By: Fact checking
by: NoAug 21, 2015 11:06:21 AM

I agreed with everything you said until your last statement.

How can you even pretend to know how strong the sisterhood is in "top" houses? My house is a "top" house with outstanding sisterhood! I love my sisters and made my choice 3 years ago based on the love and genuineness I felt there not because of the Greek letters over the door! That comment is just as offensive to me as "tiers" are to you because you are on the outside of my sisterhood looking in - how can you judge how strong it is? Fact - you can't, so don't.

By: No
#4  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump
#5  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.