facebook

wondering

by: ktc

Did Phi Mu deliberately only take 2 girls from the Golden Triangle area this year or did the freshmen pick other houses over them. Phi Mu typically pledges 4 or 5 girls a year from Starkville and Columbus. What's up? I also noticed they pledged a few Delta girls this year (although at least one of those pledges was cut from her legacy house that she wanted). Chi O took their usual ton of Delta girls too. I'm assuming a few went DG and KD as they typically do. Insight?

Posted By: ktc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Oh ok   

Thanks for the comment (?) KD mom! We always like your $.02!

By: Oh ok
by: @excuse meAug 20, 2015 3:58:16 PM

Why so defensive? You can look into this person's experiences in life, especially rush, and know why they stated their comments. You sound like a know it all.

By: @excuse me
#2  by: think   

Chi O released the NUMBER 1 overall rated rushee from Starkville during rush this year. No one is for sure why. She did let it be known since she was a HS senior that she wanted to be a chi o so the other sororities cut her, which was her downfall. Its a shame that Chi o cut such a great girl and its ALSO a shame that she couldn't pledge any other group. So, Chi O made some promises that it couldn't keep which didn't play out well for this Golden Triangle girl.

By: think
by: Oh wellAug 19, 2015 2:31:34 PM

There are a lot of great girls that go through rush- not just at State- and say " I would love to be a...". Just because you say you want to be in a certain sorority group doesn't mean it's going to happen. There are no guarantees in rush. I am sure she is a great girl but lesson learned.. Don't think you will be in sorority abc until that bid is in your hand no matter what sorority or campus.

By: Oh well
by: think?Aug 19, 2015 3:32:02 PM

Why couldn't she pledge any other house?

By: think?
by: My 2 centsAug 19, 2015 4:32:17 PM

When my friends helped me prepare for recruitment (they all were rushing at ole miss) they always asked me what I would be if I got my pick. I told them because I trusted them but I NEVER told anyone else for fear of what happened to that the mentioned in the post. Turned out I had that house and ABC on pref and picked the other house because it was a better fit for me. That really sucks for that girl, but it's a really tough lesson in not putting your eggs in one basket/sharing too much information that can bite ya. Gotta keep your options open. And you can't blame the other houses on the row for cutting you when you outwardly tell them you like house XYZ.

By: My 2 cents
by: MeAug 19, 2015 5:48:54 PM

Actually everyone released her because they thought she was pledging another house. Phi Mu released the girl you are referring to very early on. From what I heard some groups thought she was going KD. I hate it for het but how does that even relate to the OP? If a sorority wants a girl then fight for her... don't throw another group under the bus for releasing her when your group did too. All groups had to make some very tough decisions this year!

By: Me
#3  by: @think?   

The other sororities understood it when she said that she only wanted Chi o. To make room for other girls, they had to cut her. Many groups met quota so they couldn't issue her a snap bid, although two top groups would have liked to.

By: @think?
by: LemonadeAug 19, 2015 5:26:20 PM

I am sure other groups would have like to have her as a sister BUT when a PNM tells other houses she wants a certain house- it's a thanks but no thanks- sorry but that's the way rush works. She should have been more careful about letting other houses know she wanted that 1 house.They have to move forward as does the PNM. Do you not think some awesome PNMs have a favorite and then get dropped from that one and then end up at a great house after all? She may not wanted to waste their time but Rush doesn't always happen the way we think it should. she is an adult. It may hurt now but there are worse things that can happen to a girl. Lesson:. Keep an open mind because you never know where you can be or not be on bid day- promises don't equal an automatic bid
Happens at every campus w different houses each year- no matter the greek letter or how great the PNM is- it happens

By: Lemonade
by: think?Aug 19, 2015 6:02:36 PM

But did she have any options left or was she released completely?

By: think?
by: Blue belleAug 19, 2015 6:46:31 PM

Bottom line:PNM shot herself in the foot when she told other houses what she wanted.
Do you expect other houses were going to keep her through rush knowing she didn't want them?
No house has room for that or will do that
She elimated herself from other houses on her own
Too many great PNMs are coming through rush at MSU these days. Each house can only take so many in a PC.
Even if she didn't go around and tell the other houses she wanted a certain house who is to say they would have keep her around anyway. Great, THE TOP, best girl, got to have her in this house PNMs get cut from ALL houses ALL THE TIME. Just ask girls at ole miss, bama, Florida , Georgia, Texas, etc that have gone through rush.
Just because actives/ alumni are saying they wanted her as a sister doesn't mean it was gonna happen
MSU 2015 bid day is done and nothing will change it.
MOVE ON
(And I mean it in the nicest way!)

By: Blue belle
by: Seriously?Aug 19, 2015 8:59:12 PM

Do you really think any group would have released her if they knew without a doubt that she wanted to be a member of that group? I don't think so! I have heard she is a great girl and was highly recruited by several groups. My belief is that she was sending mixed messages to everyone and no group knew for certain what she was interested in.

I hope she will go through recruitment again next year!

By: Seriously?
#4  by: ?   

Sounds to me like Chi O id exactly what they always do. Hang out with girls all of their senior year, get them to say they want Chi O so it's obvious to other sororities, then they decide during rush if they will actually take all 150 girls they did this to. Obviously, some have to get released, but they don't even care that other houses released them because they were "for sure" going Chi O. Tacky and cruel rush practices.

By: ?
by: Bye Felicia Aug 20, 2015 10:22:10 AM

Bitter Betty is back

By: Bye Felicia
by: HiAug 20, 2015 12:58:49 PM

Cutthroat Chi O bringing up the defense

By: Hi
by: Oh yeah! Aug 20, 2015 7:19:05 PM

I forgot the purpose of recruitment was to want all of the PNMs to like your group and want to member. Y'all are way to bitter. Everyone has a fantastic New Member class who deserves to have your focus on them not the girls you didn't get!

By: Oh yeah!
#5  by: !   

glad this girl didn't say she wanted our group during rush 'cause this helicopter mama is losing it
Dodged a bullet on this one
No matter how great the PNM was
If she cra cra like the mama when she gets older
No thanks don't want that type of alumni w my letters
Chill out

By: !
by: ??Aug 20, 2015 11:36:43 AM

Were you attempting to right a haiku?

By: ??
#6  by: @excure me   

1) If you saw the pictures, didn't they answer the question you asked?
2) Did you mean to have an extremely mature tone, like that of a parent?
3) Do you make it a practice to tabulate where each girl in each sorority pledges and their hometown?
4) Several KDs from MY hometown put KD as their second choice and Chi O first, due to promises that were made to them before and during rush. So the post from earlier holds some truth, at least from what the new pledges are saying.

By: @excure me
by: Excuse me/OPAug 20, 2015 7:06:27 PM

1) No it didn't. Why would I ask the question if an explanation was given by the picture? What would it say, "These are the only 2 we wanted even though we usually pledge 7 or 8 from the area."
2) Maybe I sound mature because I have a college degree (May 2015) and prefer to sound intelligent rather than dumb.
3) Phi Mu posted the pictures and 2 girls from the area really stood out.
4) I am not really sure what you are referring to

By: Excuse me/OP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.