facebook

many bids

by: very curious

Why did Kappa Delta give 10 bids to girls from the same high school? That is almost unheard of. The trend is to diversify your group. This neither helps your group or give your a group a look of progression. Also, some of the girls were cut by other sororities for various reasons. I'm just trying to understand KD's reasons for such an unusual recruitment class.

Posted By: very curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

What school? The most I've ever heard of is 5-6 from a LARGE high school. But the norm is 3-4.

By: ?
by: @?Aug 18, 2015 4:37:52 PM

Must be Madison girls..

By: @?
#2  by: @?   

I'd rather no say which school. My experience with the parents from this school is that of aggression. I will say it is one of the largest schools in the state. Ten is a very large number, though, even to be a large school.

By: @?
#3  by: hm   

I'm not sure why they took so many from this school (I know which one you're talking about), but almost all of the girls from this school had a really rough rush. I don't know why besides some that had some obvious reputation issues. But the girls who went KD are great girls (just like the girls from there that went every other house) and my guess is that they all fit in well and KD noticed that. Personally I wouldn't want that many girls in my pledge class from my high school but I think it'll be okay.

By: hm
#4  by: Honestly   

Rush didn't seem to go amazing for KD. They got some absolutely fantastic girls that everyone was rushing hard, but not nearly as many as they normally do. They barely got any girls from some schools that they normally have several from and then had large pockets from others, 10 being the most. I'm willing to bet those girls were spread over the bid list and they went all the way to the bottom with the additions to place every girl so they didn't expect to take all they preffed from one school, but that's what happened. It's not the end all be all of a sorority when they have so many girls from one area, but 1/10 of a pledge class is really pushing it.

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.