facebook

just wondering

by: Leo

Did a chi o get kicked out of rush? For promising a bid to a PNM?

Posted By: Leo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Duh   

Yes a gamma chi heard her

By: Duh
by: @DuhAug 13, 2015 6:25:19 AM

If true the same thing could be heard at every house.

By: @Duh
by: ExGXAug 14, 2015 9:52:10 AM

Yeahhhhh probably not- the Gamma Chis can't hear anything from the gamma chi rooms......we're usually too busy trying to cram in a nap anyway.

By: ExGX
by: @ExGXAug 14, 2015 10:07:23 AM

There are a couple of Gamma Chi's and a Panhellenic Exec that walk through every party to make sure girls aren't promising bids, hot boxing, or talking about other sororities.

By: @ExGX
by: ExGXAug 14, 2015 10:27:35 AM

Well, when I was a gamma chi (last year), only Panhellenic was allowed to walk through parties......

By: ExGX
by: @ExGXAug 15, 2015 10:36:16 AM

You're correct, my mistake. I do know sometimes girls are turned in because the Gamma Chi's follow the girls out of the house and have heard girls saying things to PNM's as they leave that get them rush infractions. I'm assuming either that was the case with this, or the original person who commented meant Panhellenic Exec and said Gamma Chi.

By: @ExGX
#2  by: Well yes   

She told a PNM from her hometown to cut dg. The PNM has a sister in DG but the chi o wants her so she gave her directions during a rush party to cut dg in order to be a chi o. The chi o can no longer rush.

By: Well yes
by: Sounds fairAug 13, 2015 7:46:30 AM

My issue would be there are so many things said or promised by all groups that go unpunished. Ex: DG told my best friend if she pledged that she would be guaranteed a spot on the Homecoming Court. It's not right but it happens all of the time. Sounds like it's been handled so let's move on! Tired of this negative mess.

By: Sounds fair
#3  by: Awful   

probsbly wasn't the first time chi o did something like this!

By: Awful
by: ^Aug 13, 2015 9:48:58 PM

Ah yes, let us all remember the multiple years that Chi O had PNM's legacy moms/sisters/grandmothers etc IN THE HOUSE during pref to pressure the girls...then when they got caught the alums hid IN THE BUSHES and drove up and down the row to tell the girls they better choose Chi O.

By: ^
by: HmmmmAug 13, 2015 10:30:38 PM

@^

My house always has legacy moms/sisters/grandmothers IN THE HOUSE during pref parties. It will happen at every house on the row tomorrow night.

By: Hmmmm
by: @hmmmmAug 14, 2015 5:58:17 AM

Wrong!!! Don't say things unless you know they are true. Some sororities are not allowed to have ANY alums in the house other than advisors.. That includes moms/sisters/grandmas.

By: @hmmmm
by: @@HmmmAug 14, 2015 8:57:03 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The ONLY people allowed in the houses BY PANHELLENIC are advisors, the house mom, and the mom's who volunteer to feed the chapter during rush. NO ONE else is allowed to be in the house, MUCH LESS the parties, and CERTAINLY NOT TO TALK TO PNM'S! If you're house has this you need to keep it to yourself because it is a rush infraction! When Chi O got caught they were fined. That's when they started hiding outside and driving up and down and calling the girls over to their cars. Chi O is a great sorority that girls want, they shouldn't stoop to low levels like tht to ensure they get their girls!

By: @@Hmmm
#4  by: Lol   

How long ago was that? Dang they been dirty rushing a long time!

By: Lol
by: HmmmmAug 13, 2015 10:28:11 PM

Alum: Many of you seem to gloat over this and appear to be rejoicing in it. I could name something just as bad other sororities have done/said but have not been caught. The punishment has been handed out and it's over with now. It's not going to have a negative affect on Chi O's recruitment even if the rest of you use it in your negative campaign against them. Consider this... if you try to use it to sway PNMs are you any better than the one, probable sophomore girl who said something she shouldn't have said?

#5  by: This   

I think it goes back to last years rush. This girl became very arrogant about being a chi o, which goes against the chi of service creed. Her arrogance gained momentum all year to where she literally thought she was indeed better than her friends that were either KD, phi mu, or dg. Enter the HS friend that has a similar attitude. She really loves chi o but is bound to dg and phi mu as a legacy. The arrogance was thrown in the faces of the other sororities all summer long through IG pictures, snapchat pictures and visual sightings of this PNM with chi os all summer. So when this chi o was heard telling this PNM to cut dg in order to make it easier to be a chi o, it really showed everyone that , if given enough time, arrogant people will get themselves in trouble. Chi o should have seen this behavior in the sophmore girl all year and should have addressed it before rush when pictures were made and inappropriate contact occurred. The sophomore girl is not as innocent as she wants people to think she is. And the PNM that Is playing the system will get what she deserves soon enough. It all works out in the end.

By: This
by: Curious Aug 14, 2015 8:39:39 AM

Although this is anonymous you do realize that you are slandering the name of the two girls you are talking about, right?

By: Curious
by: wowAug 14, 2015 8:30:11 PM

I know e x a c t l y who you are talking about thanks to this comment. you probably should've been more subtle....but tbh I have been wondering for months on whether she would pick chi o over her sisters house and I guess she wants to.

By: wow
by: So....Aug 16, 2015 12:33:53 AM

what happened? Did the PNM go Chi O or DG or Phi Mu?

By: So....
by: GuestAug 16, 2015 8:00:05 AM

She cut dg i know, but idk about phi mu. she went chi o

By: Guest
by: So....Aug 16, 2015 8:16:13 AM

Well, that sucks for DG and Phi Mu to lose a legacy like that, especially the DG sister. But after seeing how dirty Chi O gets in rush, I think DG and Phi Mu are better off without her. Sounds like she's right where she deserves. I never trust a girl who plays the system as a PNM! They should be grateful to be anywhere!

By: So....
by: @SoAug 16, 2015 10:04:41 AM

It is not unusual for a sister to chose a different house than her sibling. Not all siblings are alike! I know 3 sets of twins at MSU in different sororities. I also know twins in the same sorority. Same for sisters. Obviously the Chi O shouldn't have afforded advice to the PNM but each girl has the right to pick HER house without pressure from a sister, mother, aunt, cousin, etc! Isn't that the main advice given to each PNM? Follow your heart, not what others tell you.

I know a Phi Mu who was a triple KD legacy. She went to KD and Phi Mu for pref and put Phi Mu first. She didn't tell her family who showed up on bid day wearing KD green. Yes they were surprised but they followed her to the Phi Mu house wearing their green because they trusted her enough to make the decision that was best for HER!

Time for everyone to move on...

By: @So
by: WellAug 16, 2015 10:21:31 AM

You make great points. Being a legacy to a house is a bonus, but not your only choice. It's also becoming an issue that houses have so many legacies coming through that they have to cut early on. There were major issues with that as well. I think that problem that everyone is mentioning is HOW this particular situation worked out instead of the fact she didn't want to pick her legacy house. It's that rules were broken and it was done in an inappropriate way by the active member who knew better. But I really hope Panhellenic takes this situation and builds from it so girls who want to cut their legacy house to open their chances knows they can ask them, and teach actives to tell the PNM who says something to direct her to a gamma chi. That way no infractions occur! Win/win!

By: Well
by: Agreed!Aug 16, 2015 1:40:09 PM

I have NO problem with girls cutting their legacy house if they want to go somewhere else, even if they have family in the house currently! This situation just sucked and was sad for DG and Phi Mu for loosing a girl like that, for Chi O for having to pull an active from rush, for the PNM who is now known for doing that, and for the sophomore Chi O that now has a reputation for being catty and breaking rules. Kind of agree with "So," sounds like it worked out best for everyone but I don't want anything like that to happen again!

By: Agreed!
#6  by: wait   

Slander is when you use a person's name, right?

By: wait
by: HmmmAug 14, 2015 4:24:42 PM

Fairly sure the names are getting thrown around on campus which could easily be associated with the remarks on here. That is slander

By: Hmmm
by: ActuallyAug 14, 2015 5:09:35 PM

it's libel. Slander is spoken comments. Libel is written. But since this has no names it's not either. And the only defense against slander and/or libel is the truth, so if this really happened it's actually just gossip when people talk or write baout it.

By: Actually
#7  by: Hmmmm   

Then rush in general is slanderous and/or libel. If things are true and are spoken in a group setting and an act can be proven, then that is slander. So maybe the whole idea of rush is slanderous. Maybe the political correct police should be on top of the entire process of recruitment. Or maybe we should teach or young friends, at a young age, to keep their mouths shut, follow the rules set forth, and watch what actions can get you in trouble. And if any of them/us succumb to such deeds, face up to them and realize people are going to discuss our actions.

by: andAug 14, 2015 6:24:56 PM

maybe we should lead by example and not gossip about things that do not concern us.

By: and
#8  by: I'm sure   

I'm sure it all is a concern when it's a person's daughter or sister. Chi o did some awfully dirty rushing this year. I hope the fine they received will get the message to their girls that it's really not worth it.

By: I'm sure
by: TruthAug 15, 2015 8:12:44 AM

Chi O is the only one who was caught. Dirty rushing was rampant across all houses this year. No need to act as though it's only one group. We all need to clean up our act!

By: Truth
#9  by: Smh   

I hope the young PNM was worth all this trouble for chi o.

By: Smh
#10  by: Also the truth   

The chi o that's now in trouble also told me last year that I would have a hard time going to heaven due to my religion. I'm still a christian, maybe not her denomination. She seems to be on a very high pedestal/soapbox. I hope it didn't hurt when she fell off of it this week.

By: Also the truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.