facebook

rush

by: PMN

Which sororities are most likely to cut a pretty girl with average grades but bad reputation?

Posted By: PMN
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: USM   

I go to Southern but I have a cousin rushing at MSU this year and lots of friends in the sororities here. The houses that don't take girls with reps and not great grades are Chi O, KD, and DG. Phi Mu was known for taking the bombshells with okay grades and sometimes a rep risk or two, but I think they're cleaning up their image so I wouldn't bank on it. And DDD normally doesn't take hardcore party girls. All the ones I know are extremely down to earth and girl next door-ish. Keep your options open because if chapters know about your rep you'll face some hard cuts!

By: USM
by: @USMAug 11, 2015 10:31:54 AM

No offense but sororities at State are a lot different than USM. You may know a few girls but you are not a part of Greek life here so you may not know everything.

I am in what some of you consider a lower tier sorority and we don't take anybody below a 3.0. The only reason we would take a girl with a bad reputation is because we dont have anybody in our chapter that's from her hometown to flag her. If we know that the girl is bad news then we will cut her, no matter how pretty she is or what her recommendations say.

By: @USM
by: USMAug 11, 2015 12:29:57 PM

Trust me I know plenty about the sororities here and spoke just about at MSU, not at all about Southern. I know well over 20 girls in the sororities I mentioned and have extremely close friends in 4 of those. I think you're mad I didn't mentioned your chapter, which doesn't mean you also wouldn't cut her. But I don't know girls in Zeta, Pi Phi, or ADPi, so why would I speak about it?

By: USM
by: @USMAug 11, 2015 3:20:58 PM

I'm not in the least bit mad that you didn't mention my sorority. Not mad at all, actually. I just think your opinion of chapters at a school that you don't attend is irrelevant.

In the words of Damian Leigh, "She doesn't even go here!"

By: @USM
#2  by: My opinion   

Between this site, TSM, and regular social media, all houses will be shifting to selecting girls that appear to have it together. If you have a bad reputation coming out of high school where you live with your parents, it's the assumption that that same girl will continue that type of behavior now that she has more freedom at college. While it sucks to assume things about girls, that happens all the time during recruitment. Houses have to pick what they think is best for them and cut girls. Same for PNMs picking houses based on a house tour and information they have picked up prior to their starting recruitment. It sucks and hopefully the way recruitment is done changes in the future. That aside, you can be different in college, and start showing that with recruitment. Show excitement to the houses, and try to make genuine connections if you enjoy the house. Even if it's not where you end up, you can meet New friends. Enjoy the week and don't dwell on the what ifs..

By: My opinion

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.