facebook

quotas

by: Sue

I have noticed that in all pledge classes, there seems to be no more than 6 girls from one high svhool. Is there a limit on how many girls the larger sororities can take from one high school in a pledge class? Some girls coming into State seem bent on pledging one group together and I think they need to read that there is a possibility they will be split up. Ten girls from one high school can't posibly pledge the same sorority.

Posted By: Sue
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Correct   

There is no "official" limit, but I know for a fact that Chi O, KD, and DG (possibly the others I just only personally know about these 3) will take absolutely no more than 5 MAYBE 6 girls from one high school in a year. And those are the just the largest high schools like Madison Central, Oak Grove, Tupelo High, etc. Normally there are no more than 3 or so girls from certain schools, especially Jackson and the Delta private schools, because there are a ton of those schools and girls rushing. You don't want to be known as the sorority with mostly girls from the exact same area. So the best of those girls are normally split evenly between those houses.

By: Correct
#2  by: Oh yeah   

Phi mu took 6 from one of the largest schools. They cut anyone with a HS GPA below 3.2 right off the bat.

By: Oh yeah
#3  by: Also   

The chances of a sorority wanting 10 girls from the same high school is very slim. Those 10 girls would all have to haves 4.0 GPA, tons of activities and honors, and outstanding personalities in order for that to happen!

By: Also

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.