facebook

rush

by: Kappa delta

I am gathering my resume and otter material for rush. I have plenty of rec letters for each sorority. I have been told that there is a KD mother that writes rec letters but they are always negative for the girls in our hometown. In other words, she doesn't want any of us in her sorority so her daughter can shine. There are many outstanding girls here so her nagativity and spreading of false rumors should be ignored. How much weight does a negative letter hold when it can't be supported or it's based not on the PNM but maybe on her family or some other nonsense? Can a mother with a vendetta cause a good girl to not receive a bid from kappa delta?

Posted By: Kappa delta
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

Some sororities cannot pledge a girl with a negative recommendation due to national policy. It sucks but that's the way it is. I'm not a KD so I don't know what their policy is, but I do know these policies exist.

However, are you sure this rumor is true? A lot of rumors like this come up and turn out to be unsubstantiated. I find it hard to believe that a mom would write negative recs for all the girls she knows going through rush. Most alums love their sorority and wouldn't sabotage their recruitment for selfish reasons. Either way, there's nothing you can do about it. Just don't ask this woman for a rec and be your best self during rush. You don't even know if you will like KD or if they will like you... Just hold your head up high and remember there are eight great sororities at Mississippi State!

By: well
#2  by: Even   

if you don't ask her to write a rec, it doesn't mean she won't talk bad about you or other girls from y'alls hometown. But I have a feeling that if she bad mouths enough girls, the chapter will probably catch on to what she's doing. Especially if girls in the chapter personally know a lot of these girls and know that they are fabulous and would actually be a great fit for their chapter. Don't worry about it too much.

By: Even
#3  by: @Rush   

I don't know about KD, but negative rec's from alums from my sorority are handled differently. If the chapter ends up liking the PNM but there is a negative rec, the sorority Nationals will get involved and call the alum to see why they wrote a negative recommendation. If their reason is not valid for dismissal from rush or they wrote it out of spite then the chapter will disregard the rec.

By: @Rush
#4  by: If the rumor is true   

and the woman writes negative recs on girls every year, I would imagine that the chapter has long quit paying them any mind. It's sort of "the boy who cried wolf" scenario.

By: If the rumor is true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.