facebook

chi omega discussion

by: GR Administrator

Chi Omega sorority chapter comments at Mississippi State University - MSU

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 24
#31  by: Attn: @TACKY   

Additionally, please allow me to address another 2 questions that keep popping up:

1. Chi Omega at MSU is very strong, academically. However, they have not had the best grades each semester for 18 years. That notioin is simply erroneous. If you have the time and inclination, you can do some research in the Office of Greek Life and correct your statement.

2. Chi Omega did make underclassman quota, but failed to pledge any upperclassmen in 2010. The collegiate women say it was by choice. This, too, is erroneous, because upperclassmen women were invited to their preference parties. If Chi Omega were "opting out" of upperclassman quota as some try to state, then NO upperclassman women would have been invited...because as we all know, if you invite a women to pref, you MUST place her on your bid list.

By: Attn: @TACKY
#32  by: @Attn:@TACKY   

I am not sure what you have against Chi O. They did pledge at least two upperclassman in 2010. I could give the their names, but there is no point in that... you would probably say that they were fictional. Why don't you tell me the semester and year that Chi O did not have the highest GPA. I have also been a sorority advisor at Ole Miss and the reason my sorority changed initiation was exactly what was stated below.

By: @Attn:@TACKY
#33  by: um,   

one upperclassman in xo is my friend, and I'm not even a xo. If you don't like somebody, fine, whatever, but lying is just dumb.

By: um,
#34  by: Attn: @ TACKY   

Yeah, I'm going to need names. Because on bid day, there were officially ZERO upperclassmen on Chi O's bid list at MSU. Now maybe some of the 2010 pledges were not freshmen (by year) but didn't have enough hours to be considered sophomores, so they went through as Freshmen? I don't know. But, suffice it to say that there were NO upperclassmen listed on Chi Omega's 2010 bid list at MSU.

By: Attn: @ TACKY
#35  by: upperclassmen   

Shana Ford
I don't know if there were any others because they did not make upperclassmen quota, but I know she went through rush this year and went XO.

By: upperclassmen
#36  by: Attn: @ TACKY   

Apparently she had not completed enough hours to be considered a sophomore when rush was held. Because, advisors and collegians at MSU told everyone that they "opted out" of upperclassman quota and chose not to participate. So, either:

1. Chi O opted out and Shana didn't have enough hours to be a sophomore during rush so she was considered a freshman, or

2. Chi O only pledged 1 upperclassman and failed miserably at making upperclassman quota in 2010.

Take your pick. Which is it?

By: Attn: @ TACKY
#37  by: Beyond belief!!!   

That is actually not the young woman that I know of who pledged Chi O as a sophomore in August of 2010 so there are at least 2 ... I absolutely cannot believe that you (obviously an advisor for another sorority) would go to such lengths to prove her point and try to make Chi O look bad. I hope you feel very good about yourself, because you are not hurting Chi Omega.

By: Beyond belief!!!
#38  by: hahahaha   

do you seriously think ADVISORS are on this site?? i mean obviously XO's are. and saying that they didn't take enough upperclassmen isn't hurting XO, its just a fact.

By: hahahaha
#39  by: Ditto hahahaha   

Chi O obviously didn't make upperclassman quota, so I don't see how anyone else "did" anything to them. They did that to themselves with either poor decision making or poor recruiting. You're right, Beyond belief, no one is hurting Chi O - they do that all by themselves. Now go back to putting your nose in that book where it belongs, study queen.

By: Ditto hahahaha
#40  by: @DITTO   

If you look back on page 2 of this side bar, the person I directed my comment toward claims to have been an advisor on the MSU campus for over 10 years.

By: @DITTO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.