facebook

rant time

by: Msu_girl

This is sparked from the "if the top 4 weren't here" thread. I saw random acts about two groups in particular, but this goes to everyone.

Where does everyone get their information about retention rates? I know you can get it from Panhellenic, but did you actually do that? No.

If you go on Tri Delt's FB page, they posted a picture of 38 girls graduating. You look at Chi O's, and 42 girls are pictures. I would include Phi Mu's numbers but I have not seen a picture with just seniors. But the difference between a "top group" and "middle group" is 4 girls for girls graduating. That shows the strength of Greek life at State.

Also, until you go to every house and get a list of accomplishments, it's really hard to say one group is more involved than another. Just because 20 girls aren't in SA doesn't mean they don't have 50 involved in smaller organizations on campus.

So go Phi Mu. Go Tri Delta. Go every house on campus and keep improving yourself, your chapter, and your school.

Posted By: Msu_girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ok   

You can't simply count seniors in pictures. Chi O had 63 seniors this year. Some have night classes and can't come for the final chapter, some have other obligations for Senior Tea. So it's over a 20 senior difference not 4... big difference

By: ok
by: @okMay 2, 2015 8:32:07 PM

Thank you for pointing out my mistake. You are correct. And while there is a big difference, my other point still stands. You can't judge a group by pictures. Which I am guilty of as much as everyone on this site.

By: @ok
by: HuhMay 2, 2015 9:09:31 PM

You mean over 20 girls dropped chi o? Shocker!

By: Huh
by: @huhMay 3, 2015 12:41:56 AM

I get your snide scarcasm... 4 maybe 5 dropped Chi O during our 4 years here (2011 pledge class). The rest left for nursing school, graduated early, or transferred. No sorority has 100% retention over 4 years and there is no true way to determine how many simply drop vs how many leave for legitimate reasons. My point was that you can't count members in pictures to determine how many members there are.

By: @huh
by: ButMay 3, 2015 8:46:39 AM

Every house on campus is judged by that. As well as how many people you see involved. I get your point and the point of the original poster (even though it was horribly written).

By: But
by: @okMay 3, 2015 7:03:38 PM

Well, I imagine some of the Tri-Delt seniors were also busy and not pictured so their number is probably higher too. Just saying...

By: @ok
by: @@okMay 4, 2015 9:34:26 AM

Tri Delt seniors are listed on their website... their picture is a true reflection of the number of seniors.

By: @@ok
#2  by: Exactly   

XO, KD, and DG normally have around 50 seniors, but not every girl is there for senior night, so you can't just count the girls in the picture. Some are interning, student teaching, or just extremely busy with end of the year work. But there are girls who drop (which doesn't always mean something negative, sometimes she just can't afford it or is too busy with school), girls who transfer, and girls who go to nursing or another professional school.

By: Exactly
by: ExactlyMay 3, 2015 11:05:58 PM

Way to strawman my argument there. I never said anything about other groups or what their numbers were or why. I was commenting on the groups I have knowledge of. Those are typically their numbers. Someone above was saying girls dropping shows a weakness in a chapter; I was just showing that there are other options. Those apply to other houses too, but I don't comment on what I don't personally know about. You should learn to do the same.

By: Exactly
#3  by: What?   

Are you trying to defend yourself? Why do you speak for three sororities? Speak for your own because you do not know about others. The year (2010) I was a senior kD we had 30.
My little sister is a sr now with 40.

By: What?
#4  by: Fyi   

Phi Mu has 51 seniors

By: Fyi
by: HmmmMay 4, 2015 5:44:33 PM

Why have 41 been listed on their website all year?

By: Hmmm
by: FyiMay 4, 2015 6:09:57 PM

Chi o has 51 seniors

By: Fyi
#5  by: O my   

I do believe this entire thread is a chi o defending her sorority. I thought that was frowned upon! Certainly reads that way for other groups. Now we know who is on here 24/7.

By: O my
by: KMay 18, 2015 9:44:25 PM

You're really stretching there... I see several groups taking up for themselves.

By: K

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.