facebook

rush

by: My opinion

If a PNM/highschool senior is staying with a certain sorority or group, another group should not try and "steal" that girl from the other group. The only exception to taking a visitor away from their group is if the person they are with becomes ill or is called away unexpectedly. It is rude and shows poor taste. I watched this occur last week end and heard it discussed by sorority members. I'm just putting this in a group discussion before I report that dirty rushing is going on.

Posted By: My opinion
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ???   

That's not dirty rushing. It might be in poor taste, but PNMs can hang out with whoever they want while in town. When I was visiting I saw girls from 2 different sororities almost equally and it helped me in rush because they knew they were competing.

By: ???
#2  by: Sorry   

That isn't dirty rushing. Sounds like the PNM was smart enough to realize she could visit with friends in different sororities on the same visit.

By: Sorry
#3  by: What?   

Are you saying it's ok for a senior to make plans ahead of time to spend the night with one group only to ditch that group for another? Also, is it ok for one sorority to call and lure a girl away by promising her things? That's dumb for the senior to do but equally dirty on the rival sorority group.

By: What?
by: @What?Apr 15, 2015 10:39:48 AM

That's on the senior, not the sorority. She made the choice to leave one sorority to go to the other. Yes, it is uncalled for for the luring sorority to make promises, but it also shows the seniors loyalty. Goodness.. so much drama and recruitment is still 4 months away!!

By: @What?
#4  by: Advice   

If the senior wants to hang out with other girls to meet more people, don't blame her. Some girls can only come down here certain weekends and want to make the most of it. Sure, the original host of the girl may be bitter but if the senior wants to meet more people to be more comfortable about rush and open house, can you really blame her? People get too offended. The PNM is just trying to prepare herself.

By: Advice
#5  by: ...   

Chances are, the PNMs wanted to talk to and meet girls in other sororities too. Just cause they stay with a XYZ doesn't mean they can only talk to XYZs the whole weekend. If it were me, I would want to talk to girls in pretty much every sorority because I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket, and I would want to make connections in every house, not just in the house of the girl I would be staying with.

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.