facebook

zta rankings, 4/13/15

by: .???

What is up with all of the rankings today for ZTA? 7 rankings so far with half calling them a top tier group. The Zetas I know are very sweet and they have a great sisterhood but saying they are top tier is stretching things. One post even claims they were the first sorority on campus. Most people know that Chi O was the first sorority at MSU and a check of chapter websites shows it was there 5 years before ZTA. I have no problem with self promotion to a point but get the facts straight before you post

Posted By: .???
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Facts   

Technically the chapter that became Zeta and Chi Omega were started around the same time with the same lady sponsoring them. Chi O was colonized by their national branch and the lady that helped them was a Zeta who helped start a local sorority that she petitioned to join Zeta.

By: Facts
by: YesApr 14, 2015 1:02:24 PM

I am aware that a ZTA alum helped a local MSU sorority petition Chi O nationals to become a chapter and she later helped another local sorority found the ZTA chapter here. That doesn't change the fact that Chi O was chartered at MSU in March of 1936 while Zeta was not chartered until 4 years later in April of 1940. Chi O was the 1st NPC sorority at MSU and ZTA was the second. I know both were strong for at least 50 years when for some reason Zeta's popularity took a sharp drop. Perhaps due to the poor reputation of the Ole Miss chapter and it's closing in the late 1980's (all per my mother). I have no desire to bash Zeta however facts are facts.

By: Yes
#2  by: ...   

Zeta may not be chartered first, but they were the first to have a house on the row.

By: ...
by: TrueMay 12, 2015 6:33:12 AM

First with a physical house (1 year before Chi O). When the houses were built ZTA was a top group. I don't know what happened to change everyone's perception of them but they fell hard. When I was getting my recs last year an MSU ZTA alum told me the same.

By: True
#3  by: My opinion   

I think Zeta dropped due to the fact that while it is HUGE nationally, in MS the stronger houses are those who are found at every school in the state. Once Ole Miss closed their chapter, it really hit here hard. And that explains who ADPi started here and Ole Miss in a very short span.

All that said....Zeta is making leaps and bounds since when I first started visiting here. I have a number of Zeta friends that are amazing and it hurts me that they are judged so quickly by others. And I was guilty of judging them too quickly at rush.

By: My opinion
by: EhMay 18, 2015 9:39:24 PM

Maybe but I don't give them much credit when KD, Phi Mu and Chi O get low bottom tier rankings with negative comments during the same 15 minutes that ZTA gets a glowing top tier ranking.

By: Eh
by: @ehMay 19, 2015 11:33:55 AM

Says the girl that's judging a whole sorority off one bitter girl. I'm make sure to judge an entire sorority when one girl gets too drunk from another house of mine...

I never said they are top tier. But they are better than they were when since I started visiting. That was my point. But you couldn't get that concept. Such a shame when you view the world like a glass half empty.

By: @eh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.