facebook

derby

by: MSU

Someone please list derby 1,2,3 place winners of all categories.

Posted By: MSU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Basketball   

1: Chi O
2: DG
3: KD

By: Basketball
#2  by: ....   

Overall:
DG 1st
KD 2nd
Chi O 3rd

Lip sync:
KD 1st
Tri Delt 2nd
DG 3rd

Derby Darling
ZTA 1st
DG 2nd
Multi cultural 3rd

Banner
Pi Phi 1st
KD 2nd
Phi Mu 3rd

Basketball
Chi O 1st
DG 2nd
KD 3rd

All lip syncs were strong IMO. No one group dominated the events this year. All competed well and should be proud of their efforts!

Most importantly ΣΧ raised $80,000 for Catch-a-Dream and their Dream guy, Caleb appeared to have a great day!!!

Coach Mullen singing "Don't Stop Believing" was outstanding!

Congrats to everyone!\n\n\n\n\n

By: ....
by: MsuApr 11, 2015 4:58:14 PM

Derby darling was
1st zeta
2nd phi Mu
3rd dg

By: Msu
by: @MSUApr 11, 2015 7:02:11 PM

I remember that now...
did the multi-cultural group not place in any category? Really thought they did but I must be mistaken.

By: @MSU
by: AlwaysApr 11, 2015 11:00:01 PM

PI PHI GETTING DAT BANNER WIN AGAIN! Yup

By: Always
by: .???Apr 14, 2015 7:44:23 AM

Does anyone know the point breakdown for Derby Day? Supposedly lip sync/dance is 35% and basketball 30% but what about Derby Darling and Banner? I can't figure out how DG won based on their placement in each event. How did KD not have the most points overall?

Lip sync KD 1st, DG 3rd
Basketball DG 2nd, KD 3rd
Derby Darling DG 3rd
Banner KD 2nd

It just doesn't add up when you look at the finals in each event. My freshman year DG was announced as the winner at the amphitheater but after concerns were raised, Sigma Chi retabulated the scores and Chi O had actually won. Sigma Chi presented the trophy to Chi O at Chapter on Monday night following DD.

Is there an event that wasn't announced? Someone help me out here.

By: .???
by: ???Apr 14, 2015 8:57:54 PM

How did chi o get 3rd? They only won 1 thing? How did DG beat KD? Kd placed higher in more.
Should've been
1 kd won 4 events with a 1st place
2 dg won 4 with no 1st place
3 phi mu won 2 events 2nd and
3rd place
4. Chi o won 1 event 1st place
5. Pi phi won 1 first place
6.zeta won 1 first place

By: ???
by: ...Apr 14, 2015 10:17:48 PM

KD did not place in 4 events - only 3 - dance 1st, banner 2nd, and basketball 3rd.

DG also placed in 3 - dance 3rd, basketball 2nd, and Derby Darling 3rd. Basketball is worth the same or more than the dance... that is how DG won.

Chi O won basketball which as I said is worth the same or a little more than a win in dance and is more than the 2 events in which Phi Mu placed.

It was all VERY close and everyone should be proud of their performance. If you have a huge issue ask your Derby Day chairman for a breakdown of the points.

By: ...
#3  by: Videos   

Does anyone have links to videos? I missed and would love to watch the routines!

By: Videos
by: @videosApr 11, 2015 9:45:41 PM

Try friends in different sororities on Facebook

By: @videos

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.