facebook

ranks

by: Question

Why is Pi pho bottom? from their fb and tumblr they look like they are all cute girls. Usually bottom houses have unattractive awkward looking girls? What's the reasoning behind them being bottom

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

Pi Phi does have a lot of great members! The main reason people might consider them bottom tier is because they have only been on campus for 7 years. Being the "new" group is always a challenge especially when you are recruiting against well established groups (some up to 78 years on campus). Pi Phi needs to continue to improve their campus involvement, grades, and retention and they will steadily improve! All of the groups at MSU are strong with great sisterhood.

By: Truth
by: 1Apr 7, 2015 12:19:26 AM

The person above is right! They have lots of great members, they just haven't been on campus as long as others, and for some reason at MSU, that means "not as good". They have quickly grown though. They do need to improve involvement, but it will be interesting to see how they do!

By: 1
by: YesApr 7, 2015 7:03:57 AM

Both of these responses are correct. Although they have great members, Pi Phi is not sought after by large numbers of in-state students who are interested in the older Mississippi groups (ΔΓ, ΧΩ, ΚΔ, and to some extent ΔΔΔ and ΦΜ. It's simply how things work at any university with a well established Greek system. I thought Pi Phi was great when I went through recruitment and enjoyed the parties I attended there but when the time came to narrow down my choices the older groups were higher in my list due to their involvement and honors on campus.

By: Yes
#2  by: Yes   

Of course the above responder is catty. Delta Gamma is not a top ranked sorority at all the state schools. Also, tri-Delta isn't either. They are both good at some; not as strong at others. Phi Mu is great at some and not as good at others. Kappa delta and chi o are strong through out the state. At mississippi state, you have named five very strong contenders in the greek system. Which is the best, that is in the eyes of the beholder. Find your fit!

By: Yes
by: ???Apr 7, 2015 9:49:07 PM

DG was founded in Oxford. It is a strong draw for Mississippi girls simply because of that fact.

By: ???
by: What??Apr 7, 2015 10:42:46 PM

The above post was catty?? That post just expanded on the idea that girls are drawn to chapters that have been on campus for a longer time with established reputations. Pi Phi is newer, that's it. YOUR post on the other hand called out specific groups and wasn't even relevant to MSU completely. If you have to refute something by bringing others down instead of building up your own group, then you're the one with a problem!

By: What??
#3  by: MSU   

In general Pi Phi is a well liked group

By: MSU
#4  by: Hm   

So basically they take the pretty girls that have bad grades or bad involvement ?

By: Hm
by: MmmmApr 8, 2015 5:37:17 PM

Probably some grade risks and those with less high school involvement who are released by other groups who can be very selective. Along with smart involved girls with no connections in other houses. Pi Phi is not a bad group by any means.

By: Mmmm
by: @hmApr 8, 2015 6:57:28 PM

You have to understand that "grade risk" is anything under a 3.0. There are 800+ girls going through recruitment every year and each sorority only gets to pick around 80 girls.

If Pi Phi only took "pretty girls that have bad grades" then their chapter GPA wouldn't be competitive with all the other groups. But it is.

There is NO WAY for you to understand any chapter at State until you go through recruitment and see for yourself. So disregard any rumors or anybody else's opinion and make your own opinion!

By: @hm
#5  by: okayyy   

So i still dont get if they have pretty girls, are well liked, good grades, involvement, and a nice house why are they bottom and not middle?? or like lower middle or something like that

By: okayyy
by: FSEApr 16, 2015 3:29:28 PM

Because right or wrong on SEC campuses with strong Greek systems it takes decades to be considered a strong group. Pi Phi was installed in the spring of 2009. 6 years ago.

You must also understand that all of MSU's sororities are strong with a few very well established ones considered "top". Although all are strong the top few really stand out. KD, Chi O, Phi Mu and DG have dominated campus competitions and elections (honors and SA) for 40 years.

Pi Phi does well but it will take decades to equal what these groups have accomplished.

By: FSE
by: @FSEApr 16, 2015 9:38:16 PM

She asks a legitimate question. And the response is that it takes decades for the houses to be top and dominate.... But in the same answer you said DG, KD, Phi Mu and Chi O have dominated for 40 years....except KD and DG were pretty much less than 6 years old 40 years ago. (DG '69 and KD '71...I believe). So you contradicted yourself. Also, Zeta was very dominate until the late 80s or early 90s.

By: @FSE

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.