facebook

rush

by: Hdldj

If you aren't from MS will you have a disadvantage during rush?

Posted By: Hdldj
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MSUMOM&ALUM   

No. As an out-of-state student, you bring a unique prospective to the sorority. What you "bring to the table" is much more important.... share both what you have done in high school as well as what you want to do in college. Sororities want girls to be involved on campus. Research other campus organizations. Pick a couple that interest you so that you can share with the members how you plan to "make their sorority look good."

By: MSUMOM&ALUM
by: OOS GirlNov 30, 2014 2:42:53 PM

Though there is some good advice in this post, I feel it is an essentially incorrect answer to the question. As an OOS girl coming through recruitment in 2013, I feel I can give you a clearer picture. There is a bias against OOS girls by some chapters. It's only natural there would be because there are groups of girls from large high schools in these chapters and they pull for their friends. It's not good or bad - it just is what it is. That doesn't mean that they don't want OOS girls, you just have to work a little harder to get their attention. Every chapter pledges strong OOS girls. But, some chapters do put less weight on Mississippi ties and you may find one of these chapters is a better fit for you anyway. You may find a more level playing field within the chapter and find it easier to get involved and elected to positions within the sorority. There are 8 great options at MSU. Try to come to Preview Day in the spring, keep an open mind and make your own decision based on what is best for you and not on the opinions of others.

By: OOS Girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.