by: TimesRChanging

KD/ChiO/Phi Mu
DG/PiPhi
DDD/Zeta/ADPi

Posted By: TimesRChanging
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: SR.   

Like it or not phi mu is a top house at State. I am Not from meridian Madison or the coast ,or oos. Our high school girls all talk about kd chi o, and phi mu and to a small extent, dg.
I happen to be a kd, and I love the girls that I know that chose phi mu. I myself preffed kd and phi mu. And yes they had a choice of any one they wanted.

By: SR.
#12  by: Amen   

You answered this well! Classy move, KD! I preffd phi mu and chi o and almost went phi mu. A lot of my friends did go phi mu. It's a top house for sure.

By: Amen
by: ???Oct 28, 2014 8:51:39 AM

I agree with another post... if you are a freshman you might think Phi Mu is a top group simply because of your hometown. If a lot of your friends went Phi Mu then that means they are popular in your hometown. That has little to do with the reality on campus. Phi Mu wins some but not as much as the others. Phi Mu is 4th in grades. They have retention issues. And the biggest issue - they are not respected on campus by other Greeks. So yes, in your hometown Phi Mu might be seen as a top group although in reality they aren't.

By: ???
by: @???Oct 28, 2014 11:36:42 AM

Yep, you're so right. And the posts that say they are girls from another chapter supporting Phi Mu - have to be Phi Mus because no one from another chapter truly cares enough to come to your defense, lol.

By: @???
#13  by: Wrong again   

You might as well stop trying to say phi mu isn't a top group. You sound ignorant. If you're on campus then you know they are. Period.
And yes, I'm from another group and do care . Very tired of the bashing and lies just to boost your group.

By: Wrong again
by: .....Oct 29, 2014 7:24:49 AM

I am a senior on campus and have observed too many inconsistencies with Phi Mu over the years. Top groups have consistency, Phi Mu does not. Call me ignorant if you want but most people see Phi Mu as 4th overall. And I will repeat, Phi Mu is not respected by other Greeks.

By: .....
#14  by: Right   

I have no problem saying Phi Mu is a top group. I do have a problem with people who say Phi Mu is a top group therefore DG isn't anymore. Phi Mu's improvement doesn't mean DG is less than fantastic as well. They are different with different strengths and weaknesses but both have the credentials to be top.

By: Right
#15  by: @right   

Exactly! Well put. Both are great. You join where you fit. Dg has great girls that fit dg and phi mu has great girls that fit phi mu.

By: @right
#16  by: @....   

No way you are a senior and observed inconsistencies !thats a flat out lie. The last 5 years for phi mu have been stellar without a doubt (I too am a senior). Can you back your statement with proof because I can certainly name all phi mu has done both by votes and competitions and involvement, but that would only cause someone to accuse me of defending. Your statement is completely ridiculously false. And btw DG is also fantastic! Just like all of the sororities at state are .

By: @....
by: My opinionOct 29, 2014 11:20:54 PM

I'm not sure of everything ... is referring to but I do know that the Phi Mu Senior class of 2013 and 2014 had under 35 members (one year only 27) when the top 3 groups had over 60 seniors each = significant retention issues and a huge inconsistency. Phi Mu's grades have also jumped around until last year when they finally closed in on the typical leaders in GPA.

By: My opinion
#17  by: @my opinion   

Please study and quit worrying about phi mu. You need to worry about graduating yourself.

By: @my opinion
by: OkOct 30, 2014 10:22:25 AM

"My opinion's" post is one you cannot argue against because it is fact. Sooo you call her out and tell her to study. Makes sense.

By: Ok
#18  by: @my opinion   

Correction..... Phi mu grades are consistently ranging from 3.3 to 3.6
I suppose jumping 3/10 of a point is jumping for the better! And so glad you troll our site for numbers.....that means you see all of our wonderful accomplishments. Must be an awesome group of girls to consistently have representatives in every organization including those voted on by others. Your ranting about inconsistence with sr class is very lame. You're reaching and trying real hard to plead your case.....not working.
Btw, do you know this years sr class too? I'm curious.

By: @my opinion
by: YesOct 30, 2014 3:54:11 PM

I do. Retention has improved but the sr numbers are still less than the othe groups considered top 3. Yes, involvement has skyrocketed for Phi Mu but it is still below the other 3. Truth.

By: Yes
#19  by: @yes   

You really are trying a little too hard to say phi mu is not right up there in involvement with who you think is a top 3. And I'm not a phi mu. You sound so ignorant..... Anyone can go back years and see that 4 groups typically have leaders spirit groups homecoming maids senators alumni delegates road runners and whatever else you want to include, and not one group can claim more than the other . Chi o is not better than kd is not better than dg is not better than phi mu....period.
There are, like it or not 4 groups that rush the same girls, are most involved, and are voted to various positions. If you want to keep up this silliness put numbers up for everything! Homecoming maids, beauties, spirit groups, senators, freshman forum, orientation leaders, alumni delegates, class officers, miss Mississippi state, and fashion board. Stop being so so ignorant!!!

By: @yes
by: ...Nov 23, 2014 3:25:44 PM

It's all there is a couple of posts from last spring

By: ...
#20  by: woah now!   

Why in the world is this girl on here bashing Phi Mu so bad? Isn't the reason we WOMEN go to college is to better ourselves? And being in sorority can give you networking chances better than not having those connections. And, guess what? I'm a Phi Mu and my room mate is a Kappa Delta. Together we are helping each other with job references, our resumes, and any leads we come across. Somehow, we have overcome this drama of "who has a higher rank" and made a friendship connection long ago. I don't count how many seniors are in my graduating group or hers. I am proud that, as women, we have each other and, soon, we will have a diploma. As someone said, go study so YOU can join us in the work force! Pink and White, Green and White it doesn't matter, just graduate!

By: woah now!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.