facebook

it's high time

by: No more freshmen

Listen, we truly do have an amazing greek system. our weaker groups are still very strong. With that being said, some people need to remember where they stand. Note I said people, not sororities. There are a few people going over board and it needs to be addressed. You can promote how far your sorority has come WITHOUT bashing other groups, calling them out, or insisting that by your group getting better other have gotten worse. I won't call out specifics because that's stooping to their level, but we've all seen it. Even if you feel a sororities pledge classes haven't been up to snuff, it doesn't mean you cross rushed the same top girls. If you're grades or retention or meaningful involvement and leadership can't come close to other groups, then you just look foolish trying to say you're suddenly on the same level of competition of groups that are consistently strong year after year after ONE pledge class. I believe these are over eager freshmen, but to put it harshly, they need to learn their place and put in the hard work to earn the rep like the rest of us have.

Posted By: No more freshmen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I agree!!   

I hate being so negative, but I have to agree with this post x 100! People are being extremely and very unreasonably negative about KD and it's just uncalled for. In your opinion KD may not be living up to their reputation or potential, but when you compare the last 2-3 years side by side can you honestly say Zeta is above and beyond KD's accomplishments? Or even Phi Mu's? Closer to them, of course, and congrats on all your hard work! But over posting about how much KD has fallen and great you are is the wrong way to convince people! Phi Mu did this after their awesome PC 11, and it turned people off and hasn't helped them any! And to reiterate what I saw another post say, Tri Delt is a head of Zeta! If anyone is in line to take a top 4 spot, which is would be really hard to do I might add, it wouldn't even be Zeta. Almost every girl I know that just pledged tried cutting ADPi and/or Zeta first, so no they aren't top. Not even close.

By: I agree!!
by: You Blew It.....Sep 3, 2014 7:01:59 AM

As I read your post, I was agreeing with you about everything you wrote. ZTA had another great recruitment, but the evidence of their true success will be seen over the course of the year. Will they retain these members, what will their involvement be, can they raise their GPA? But then...I got to your last few lines. You make comments about how DDD is ahead of ZTA and how "almost every girl you know tried cutting ADPi and ZTA first...." something that is blatantly false (and unbelievably rude). At that point you lost all credibility. Just another girl on here trying to promote her chapter over another. Every sorority member should believe that their chapter is the best, but others can be more objective. Think about it...would ZTA have really gotten this great PC (most people seem to agree on that point) if everyone tried to cut them first. Of course not.

By: You Blew It.....
by: Wow.....Sep 3, 2014 8:09:07 AM

And to think I pretty much considered ZTA and DDD equal, when "almost every girl you know that just pledged tried cutting ADPi and/or Zeta first"! Thanks for setting me straight on the facts, DDD! Now I know you're soooo much better than ZTA - certainly so much more class. Hahahahaha........

By: Wow.....
by: Um....Sep 3, 2014 12:13:37 PM

I just a read a whole thing praising and sticking up for KD when they've been attacked, then one line about how DDD is better than Zeta, so why does that make the poster a DDD? I figured anyone who would take the time to write such long comments (I agree! and the OP) has to be a KD that's had enough of Zeta. And coming from someone who isn't in any 3 of these houses, the order would be KD>DDD>Zeta.

By: Um....
#2  by: Honestly   

I really think the comments by "You Blew It", were just a reaction to the poster's lines about "almost every girl I know that just pledged tried cutting ADPi and/or ZTA first". That was unnecessarily insulting (especially towards ADPi who has been completely uninvolved in this discussion). I think most people on this thread agree that the attack on KD is unjustified. That was well stated in the original post. I hear both ZTA and DDD got a great pledge class. Most people think they're about the same - with some people liking one more than the other and vice versa. Let's all go enjoy our new pledges and work on making our own chapter better. How well each chapter truly did will be much clearer in a few months.

By: Honestly
#3  by: Yepp   

Parts of this post and the first comment are a bit harsh, but I honestly understand. I'm perfectly happy giving credit where it's due. I've come around to a top 4 including Phi Mu when it didn't use to. Not sure it always will, not sure if it still is, but they put in the work so good for them. DDD and Zeta have put in a lot of work too, but I don't understand why members think this means improving means they get to claim being top when none of the top houses have significantly lost their place. The nature of life is hierarchy. It won't go away. Learn your place girls.

By: Yepp

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.