facebook

senior in highschool

by: A little early

I've narrowed down the colleges I will attend to two. (Here and one other place) essentially the same academically and both a great location. But I really want to be in my legacy house (DG) because every female in my family has been one. However I am out of state, no females in my family has attended here and my gpa is a 3.0. Which I know are all disadvantages. I have an amazing resume (sports, leadership, awards, volunteering ect) and I'm still adding to it, also I am what most people would consider pretty . Will DG still heavily consider my legacy status even with my disadvantages?

Posted By: A little early
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

I just love the fact you consider yourself amazing

By: Well
#2  by: Well   

I just love the fact you consider yourself amazing

#3  by: Honestly..   

It seems like you're talking highly of yourself... But if you're already on this website you need to try a little bit less

By: Honestly..
#4  by: Oh my   

Yep be a dg

By: Oh my
#5  by: Kay..   

I don't get why you guys flock to the chance of putting another girl down

By: Kay..
#6  by: 5671   

I must ask you a question - how do you know you will even like the girls in your legacy house. What if you get here and during recruitment you realize you have nothing in common with the members of your legacy house and you would be happier elsewhere. What if the members of your legacy house realize that you are not a good fit with their membership? Have you met and spent time with them?

By: 5671
by: WellSep 5, 2014 2:58:10 PM

If I don't like them then I won't join the sorority. It's pretty simple. I just want to know there is a strong chance of me getting in if I did want to go DG

#7  by: Not a DG   

... but I do know that DG has a lot of legacies going through recruitment each year. I suggest that one of your DG relatives contact the chapter advisor and let her know that you are considering MSU. If you make a visit to campus, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your DG relative contacting the chapter to arrange a visit for herself and you to the DG house (I know of mothers and daughters who have done this). All legacies are considered but having connections with current members is very helpful.

By: Not a DG

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.