Kappa delta
Delta delta delta
Pi beta phi
Alpha delta pi

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: O.K.   

After reading all of the posts and opinions since recruitment it appears the only thing everyone agrees on is that Chi O is currently the top sorority at MSU.

By: O.K.
by: @O.K.Aug 28, 2014 11:55:32 AM

Absolutely agree. ChiO can certainly lay claim to the top spot at this point. And everyone else has different opinions because it is so subjective and based on an individual's perspective and experience. For right now I think it's:
ChiO
KD/DG
Phi Mu/ZTA
DDD/PiPhi
ADPi

By: @O.K.
by: Mid girlSep 1, 2014 11:17:36 AM

Yes I'm sure all other sororities believe they are not as good as chi o.... They all get on here and sing chi o praises....NOT. Chi o trolls this site.
Zeta is the best in my opinion otherwise I wouldn't have chosen it. Chi o may have titles but that does not mean the girls are nice, humble, and a true sisterhood.

By: Mid girl
by: @Mid girlSep 1, 2014 4:40:40 PM

Yes Chi O has titles and top involvement, as does KD, DG and Phi Mu. Zeta has improved greatly but in no way has surpassed these groups' involvement or popularity on campus. And how can you honestly speak about the sisterhood of any other chapter? That comment alone completely discredits your entire post.

By: @Mid girl
#2  by: Not exactly   

Chi O
KD
Phi Mu/DG (tie)
Tri Delta
Pi Phi/Zeta (tie)
ADPi

By: Not exactly
by: SmartSep 1, 2014 11:14:12 AM

Legit

By: Smart
#3  by: ???   

What is your validation for placing ZTA above KD? This year's pledge class numbers, 86 vs 84? There is absolutely no basis for such a claim.

Last year's accomplishments:
ZTA - 2nd place Chi O Limelight, Junior Homecoming Maid, 1 Orientation Leader, GPA 7th out of 8
KD - Watermelon Fest Champions, 2nd Derby Days, SA Exec member, 2 fraternity sweethearts, and 2 Orientation Leaders. Plus a member was elected as the 2014/15 SA Secretary. 2nd highest GPA

Over the past 4 years:
ZTA - Miss MSU 2012/13
KD - Miss Mississippi State University, Charity Bowl Champions, SA Treasurer 2011/12, Limelight Champions 2011, Homecoming Queen 2012, Derby Day Champion 2013

BTW I am not a KD and I don't dislike ZTA but this ranking makes no sense at all.

By: ???
by: @?Aug 28, 2014 3:31:54 PM

I agree that ZTA should not be placed higher than KD at this point. I personally think KD should be only below ChiO.They're still very consistent with high retention and grades. But, if you're going to list honors, I think it's only fair that you list the other things for ZTA. I believe they had Derby Darling 2012/13 and Watermelon Fest Queen 2013/14. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

By: @?
by: @?Aug 28, 2014 3:32:09 PM

I agree that ZTA should not be placed higher than KD at this point. I personally think KD should be only below ChiO.They're still very consistent with high retention and grades. But, if you're going to list honors, I think it's only fair that you list the other things for ZTA. I believe they had Derby Darling 2012/13 and Watermelon Fest Queen 2013/14. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

By: @?
by: @@?Aug 28, 2014 3:53:08 PM

I did not list those but instead listed the final placement in events. If those are listed for Zeta then I should add a Charity Bowl Queen 2012 for KD.

By: @@?
by: @@?Aug 28, 2014 3:54:03 PM

I did not list those but instead listed the final placement in events. If those are listed for Zeta then I should add a Charity Bowl Queen 2012 for KD.

By: @@?
by: ClarifyAug 28, 2014 4:59:47 PM

The 2014/2015 SA Sec is a DG, not a KD. Although I absolutely agree that KD is light years ahead of Zeta. Not to take away from Zeta's amazing rush, but they don't compete with those top groups yet.

By: Clarify
by: ClarifyAug 28, 2014 5:00:01 PM

The 2014/2015 SA Sec is a DG, not a KD. Although I absolutely agree that KD is light years ahead of Zeta. Not to take away from Zeta's amazing rush, but they don't compete with those top groups yet.

by: ClarifyAug 28, 2014 5:00:19 PM

by: @ClarifyAug 28, 2014 6:49:28 PM

Ok. KD has a 2014/15 SA officer. Treasurer maybe?

By: @Clarify
by: Misd girlSep 1, 2014 11:19:14 AM

Validation is zeta got a fabulous pledge class! Kd has slipped for four years! Last great pledge class just graduated .

By: Misd girl
by: @Misd girlSep 1, 2014 4:31:39 PM

Sorry but your opinion is not validation.

By: @Misd girl
#4  by: Zeta is    

No where near 4th

By: Zeta is
by: ???Aug 31, 2014 11:31:33 PM

Meaning you think they are higher or lower than 4th? I'm not sure what you mean. There's ChiO and KD competing for the same girls - we have the most involvement and consistently have high GPA's and extensive campus involvement. Most people would still put DG third, though they're not the most popular across the Greek system, in general. And that does count for something. But, then when you come down to 4th it's really a toss up. Many would argue that ZTA is ahead of PhiMu or certainly equal. A lot of people just like ZTA better than PhiMu. The missing piece for ZTA is grades. They've improved by leaps and bounds over the past three years, but they have to get their GPA up for people to begin thinking of them as a top group.

By: ???
#5  by: @???   

Oh please..... Everyone knows zeta is ahead of kd this year. And gpa's where close between all 8 sororities. Highest was a 3.5 and lowest a 3.0. So stop with the "get gpa up". Kd is NOT a top 4 anymore ....not most involved and haven't had a great pledge class in 4 years! Zeta is now a top 4 with chi o dg and phi mu. Like it or not it is what most people think this year. Doesn't matter history or nationally. We're talking msu this year.
Chi o
Dg
Zeta/phi mu
Kd

By: @???
by: WowSep 2, 2014 2:09:38 AM

Just bc ZTA has made leaps and bounds doesn't mean they have landed themselves in the top. A couple of good years doesn't land you above other houses that are consistently with maybe a not so stellar but still pretty good year or two.

By: Wow
#6  by: What the.......   

CALM THE EFF DOWN ZETA. This is ridiculous!!! Yeah you've gotten a lot better, and yeah KD isn't amazing currently, but ZETA jumping the top 4 is actually LAUGHABLE. If you're going to replace KD (which I DON'T THINK SHOULD EVEN HAPPEN) it would be DDD. Grades, numbers, involvement, everything is a head of Zeta.

By: What the.......
by: I'm sure...Sep 2, 2014 8:34:37 AM

Some of these comments were probably made by a ZTA, but there were also some very positive comments that were NOT made by ZTAs. I don't think they are yet in contention for a top spot (just my personal opinion), but their past 3 PCs, increased involvement and retention have moved them up in almost everyone's estimation. I'm really being very objective and what I honestly keep hearing is:
(interchangeable within tiers depending on personal experience and perspective)
ChiO
KD/DG
PhiMu/ZTA
DDD/PiPhi
ADPi

By: I'm sure...
by: @what the.....Sep 2, 2014 4:47:56 PM

Nothing is rediculous about the previous statement. No one is jumping as you say. Zeta has steadily done better and kd has steadily done worse....it happens. Kd is no longer a top 4

By: @what the.....
#7  by: Yes   

The truth

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.