facebook

quota

by: MSUgirl

What was quota this year and how many girls did each house get?

Posted By: MSUgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ......   

Quota was 82. I am a Chi O and we got 87. My room mate is a DG and she said they go 86, but that's not official. That's all I've heard.

By: ......
#2  by: MSUgirl   

Congrats to y'all! I asked a friend and she thinks Phi Mu also got 87. I was just seeing if the houses all had around the same number of girls.

By: MSUgirl
by: HiAug 17, 2014 9:24:25 PM

At the amphitheater they announced that 659 girls received a bid. I do think quota was 82 with some houses taking more. Chi O and Phi Mu did each get 87 girls but those are the only numbers I have heard for sure.

By: Hi
by: ???Aug 18, 2014 12:40:31 AM

Phi Mu has a list of new members on their Facebook page but only 85 are listed. Their Instagram picture from bid day clearly says 87 new members... not sure which is correct

By: ???
by: @??Aug 18, 2014 6:30:44 PM

I heard 2 girls returned their bid and left or notified them that night that they were dropping. So the FB post shows everyone who stayed and accepted the Phi Mu bids.

By: @??
by: @@??Aug 18, 2014 8:04:07 PM

No one returned a bid or informed they were dropping
Official list for phi mu is 87

By: @@??
by: @@@??Aug 18, 2014 8:09:58 PM

You could be right but if 87 is the official number that means 2 New Members were omitted from the Facebook post which is not a great way to start.

By: @@@??
#3  by: Lol   

How many girls rushed?

By: Lol
by: Last I heardAug 17, 2014 11:45:27 PM

was 717.

By: Last I heard
#4  by: Quota   

ZTA got 86 new members and ADPi got 65 new members but thats all the numbers that I know.

By: Quota
#5  by: @Quota   

Is that a typo? 65 for ADPi when quota was 82??

By: @Quota
by: @QuotaAug 18, 2014 7:14:18 PM

If you divide 659 by 8 you'll get 82.3. And if Chi O, DG, Phi Mu, and Zeta all had out 86 or 87, that will leave other houses with either just enough bids or short. I think it is a smart move on ADPi's side. Instead of handing out a ton of bids to try to make quota at rush, they give out bids to girls who genuinely want to add to their chapter and then do COBs and Spring Recruitment. We want every house on the row to be strong and strive to be better.... It is what keeps our greek system competitive. Pan Love to every house! May your new members enhance your chapters, ladies!

By: @Quota
#6  by: Nottellin   

No mention of TriDelt? Great group of girls! Delta Delta Delta

By: Nottellin
by: @nottellinAug 18, 2014 8:46:46 PM

Maybe no one knows yet officially.

By: @nottellin
#7  by: So...    

What we know:
Chi O - 87
Phi Mu - 86
DG - 86
ZTA - 86
ADPi - 65 (smart move imo for taking a smaller number of quality girls - it will pay off in the long run)

Don't know numbers for KD, DDD or Pi Phi. Assuming that the 659 number announced on Bid Day and new member numbers for the above chapters are correct that leaves 249 bids to be divided between 3 chapters.

By: So...
by: @So...Aug 20, 2014 5:07:08 PM

Pi Phi got 84.

By: @So...
by: @soAug 21, 2014 12:09:31 AM

I heard DDD got 83 so KD had to gotten 83. So everyone hit or exceeded quota with exception for ADPi, which is pretty much agreed is the best choice for them

By: @so
by: Well Aug 21, 2014 4:47:01 PM

if Pi Phi took 84 and DDD 83 that leaves 82 for KD. Hoping everyone has a great year!

By: Well
#8  by: So...    

What we know:
Chi O - 87
Phi Mu - 86
DG - 86
ZTA - 86
ADPi - 65 (smart move imo for taking a smaller number of quality girls - it will pay off in the long run)

Don't know numbers for KD, DDD or Pi Phi. Assuming that the 659 number announced on Bid Day and new member numbers for the above chapters are correct that leaves 249 bids to be divided between 3 chapters.

By: So...
#9  by: Shocked!   

that KD just made quota with no additions! That's not good news for how many girls put them #1 that they pref'd!

By: Shocked!
by: Not necessarilyAug 21, 2014 7:10:36 PM

I think the girls they got are top notch girls so they will be fine!

By: Not necessarily
#10  by: Hahaha   

You have no idea about 83 girls.... Top notch or otherwise is still a low number.

By: Hahaha
by: @hahahaAug 23, 2014 3:15:04 PM

Taking ADPi out of the equation.... the difference between the number of girls in the largest pledge class and smallest pledge class is 5.... That's NOT a big difference really.... Especially after the first semester and we see how big pledge classes are

By: @hahaha
by: Not the pointAug 23, 2014 3:44:26 PM

To @hahaha, the point isn't that the difference is 5 girls. If you know anything about bid lists sororities get quota additions for 2 reasons, 1) they are under chapter average and have spots that need to be filled and 2) because that many more girls that they pref'd picked them 1st and they;re trying to give the maximum # of girls their first choice. Zeta gets additions for reason #1. KD, or chapters like Chi O, DG, Phi Mu, get additions for reason #2. So for KD to just be handed quota with no additions while the other groups in the #2 category got them reflects poorly on how many girls picked KD first, especially considering most girls they pref also pref a house in the #2 category.

By: Not the point
by: @Not the pointAug 23, 2014 4:07:30 PM

Technically, you're right about how pledge classes are formed based on chapter total and/or maximizing girls' first choices. What I'm wondering is, how do you know whether the girls in ZTA's PC (or any other) are there just to fill spots for chapter totals? You don't know that. The girls that they pref'd could also have put them first and they were trying to give the maximum # of girls their first choice. To imply that ZTA - or any group - got quota additions SOLELY because of chapter totals is incorrect, right? I'm not saying where any group is in relation to chapter total. I'm saying that you've made an assumption that those quota additions didn't put them first and therefore didn't really choose to be there. That's a flawed and unsubstantiated conclusion.

By: @Not the point
by: .....Aug 23, 2014 4:23:34 PM

To @not the point, you made valid points. My thing was, the difference is still small. If they had one more girl, would your view be entirely different? Why not wait till Jan and see how many of those girls in each pledge class are still active? If they only made quota and had a bad retention rate, then things could be said.

By: .....
by: .....Aug 23, 2014 4:23:35 PM

To @not the point, you made valid points. My thing was, the difference is still small. If they had one more girl, would your view be entirely different? Why not wait till Jan and see how many of those girls in each pledge class are still active? If they only made quota and had a bad retention rate, then things could be said.

By: .....
by: Not the pointAug 24, 2014 12:41:52 PM

In reply, I absolutely did not mean that Zeta specifically, or any other house that is in category #1 do not have the same #1 of girls put them first. We won't know that until a year from now when sororities are given their return rate numbers going into the next rush anyway. I think typically the return rate is a little lower, but is improving as each sorority becomes more competitive. I meant houses are in category #1 right now based on # of members. If I'm not mistaken, Zeta is still about 30-40 members behind the largest chapter here (is it DG or Chi O now? Anyone know?) - so while they might get girls because they put them first they are also getting additions and taking spring classes to close that gap. This has been very successful for them actually because 6 years ago when my cousin rushed Zeta was literally half the size of the bigger sororities and now they're almost caught up. So I meant absolutely nothing negative about Zeta or a category 1 house, it's just simply # of members and every chapter is getting bigger and closing that gap which is AWESOME.

By: Not the point

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.