facebook

sn

by: ?

Why is sn nationally strong but here not good?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sigma Nu   

Lost their charter at State several years ago. They colonized again a few years ago. They seemed to be gaining some ground 2-3 years ago, but with several key members graduating last year and not much support from their alumni they are going no where. They have no house and no prospect of getting one any time soon which makes their recruiting next to impossible.

By: Sigma Nu
#2  by: I heard   

That these guys don't want any support from Nationals. Info comes from a SN at LSU. Their chapter had LOTS of help from Nationals getting back on campus a few years ago after getting kicked off.

By: I heard
by: Your SNAug 17, 2014 8:09:35 PM

from LSU is misinformed. These guys would love to have alumni and Nationals' support to get into a house. They have not had much support from Nationals or Alumni. They were actually in negotiations with Phi Delt or their house, as Phi Delt was going to buy Phi Mu's house, but when Phi Mu did not begin work on their house, plans fell through. Plus, SN's numbers were not good and alumni/nationals did not think they could support a house. NO chapter can survive without the help of Nationals/Alumni

By: Your SN
by: ..Aug 19, 2014 12:20:36 AM

Ok no I heard from several fraternities and sororities that the reason SN did not get a house is bc they could not support it. I heard Phi Mu was ready to build a house and Phi Delt was ready to move into Phi Mu but because SN could not do anything to get a house that's why everyone's plans fell through. Like you just said SN could not provide the numbers. Don't blame their Nationals/Alumni for the chapters terrible effort in recruiting

By: ..
#3  by: @..   

There is no way that Phi Mu's plans fell through because of Sigma Nu. But anyway these guys are never going to grow because they don't have a house and they cant' have a house because they don't grow. Sounds to me like nothing is going to happen for them. But they absolutely have VERY little support from their alumni - this I know for a fact!

By: @..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.