3rd choice: Pi Phi or ADPi

In no order, 1st choice of fraternities: EX, Kappa Sig, Phi Delt, SAE
2nd choice: Pike, KA, LXA, Fiji, ATO
3rd choice: Pi Kapp, FH, DX, AGR, EN

Posted By: For real.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: In general...   

I agree with that, though I don't think it's absolutely so clear cut. I would say that the first choice is ChiO and KD. After that, MOST would say that DG and Phi Mu are the next choices, however some girls prefer ZTA and DDD which are generally more chill. DG still has the benefit of strength and reputation in Mississippi, but Phi Mu is for a very specific type of girl. I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it's not for everyone. Not every girl goes through recruitment looking for the same thing in a sorority.

By: In general...
by: DisagreeJul 19, 2014 11:33:40 AM

The top 4 take similar kinds of girls with different personalities, but they generally are very similar on paper. And recruitment numbers don't lie, the top 4 almost always gets their top girls and recruit against each other. Almost every girl in the new PC for the top 4 would have picked that sorority first. I personally may pick 2 over another 2, but I think it's impossible to say which ones are the first choice for everyone. Fact is, going into rush or after water parties, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't think that the Top 4 houses are the ones they want a bid to.

By: Disagree
by: To any PNM...Jul 19, 2014 3:17:33 PM

Please come through with an open mind! I ended up in what's listed above as a "1st choice" group and I'm soooo happy, but DDD or ZTA would've been a better fit for me than Phi Mu. And don't discount ADPi and Pi Phi - they have lots to offer also! I really wish recruitment was after the first semester. Then you could see that so much of the "recruitment numbers" are based on someone else's very subjective view of what everyone's top groups should be. Every group is great and the entire Greek system benefits by supporting each other.

By: To any PNM...
#2  by: Well   

Fraternities are a little different, cause a lot of guys who choose the second and even some of the third level fraternities do so because they fit in with the guys and they want to, not necessarily because they got cut from the ones they wanted. Of course for others that may be the case. In my option, it seems like sigma chi is the most selective among all fraternities, and Kappa sig is not very selective.

By: Well
#3  by: OOS MSU Greek   

Not to knock the "top four" but Pi Phi and ADPi are top sororities nationally and in the surrounding states in which State recruits. I chose one of these sororities over one of the top four because I wanted to be part of something new on campus so to say that girls are disappointed that they are not in the "top four" is inaccurate. Both of these sororities are going to do well at State. All we need is time. That said, all sororities at State are great. Proud to be Part of the Greek system!

By: OOS MSU Greek
#4  by: Same   

I am a member of one of the top houses listed above and am soooo happy but ddd or pi phi would've been a much better fit for me than chi o. I wish recruitment was later so you could see where you might fit best. Please go through with an open mind!

By: Same

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.