facebook

question):

by: Oos

I know this school is 70% from Mississippi. Is it still easy to make friends here if ur from the mid west, also is it harder to join a soriorty if ur oos?

Posted By: Oos
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: There are   

people from all over at State. Being OOS an either be really good or kinda rough during rush. If you have a really great GPA and test scores and a spectacular resume, then sororities will be fighting to take you as a good OOS member. However, since sororities don't take as many OOS girls, it's a numbers game. And if your grades, resume, and recs aren't in tip top shape then you may face some cuts because girls here don't personally know you. Just keep a totally open mind and be yourself and you'll find a home at MSU! Welcome and good luck!

By: There are
#2  by: OOS   

You'll get into only three sororities
zeta
pi phi
adpi

make the best of it or drop.

By: OOS
by: NoJul 18, 2014 8:07:26 AM

Not necessarily ... there are out of state girls in all sororities. With that being said, the is nothing wrong with being a member of ADPi, ZTA, or Pi Phi! They are full of great girls and are involved on campus. Those 3 sororities are also VERY strong National organizations. In fact Pi Phi, ZTA, ADPi, DG and Chi O are the MSU sororities with strong National organizations and strong chapters across the USA. Phi Mu, KD, and Tri Delt are not strong outside of Southern states and are generally seen as Southern sororities. Kappa Kappa Gamma, the next sorority coming to MSU, also has a very strong national organization.

By: No
#3  by: Uhhhhh   

Literally at least a third of KD and DG's last pledge classes were OOS. Not sure about Phi Mu and XO.

By: Uhhhhh
by: OkJul 18, 2014 11:38:26 AM

Just saying, and not hating on anyone, but you cannot consider Memphis area as out of state at all. Memphis brings in almost as many people as Jackson

By: Ok
by: UhhhhhJul 18, 2014 12:57:13 PM

I actually wasn't including Memphis in that. Other parts of TN, sure. But KD and DG both take lots of girls from the rest of TN, AL, GA, some TX and LA and random other states too depending on where girls came from in those years. I really don't know a ton of Chi O's, so I'm not in any way saying that they don't, I just don't know them. A good 2/3 is MS and Memphis, but it's just not true to say top houses don't take OOS.

By: Uhhhhh
#4  by: Thanks!   

Thanks for the super helpful honest responses. I have ok grades. Its above a 3.0 and incredible involvement I'm also a 4th gen legacy to a top soriorty here. Will this make a difference tho?

By: Thanks!
by: msstateJul 18, 2014 2:54:28 PM

Being a legacy will earn you an extra consideration... Just remember that every sorority has TONS of legacies coming. Most groups could fill a whole pledge class with legacies. So it will help, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you will get a bid or even make it past the second round cuts.

Just be yourself and I'm sure you will find a sorority you love! All the sororities here are GREAT.

By: msstate

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.