facebook

rush process

by: Preparing

Can someone go through the actual rush process starting with orientation, and what's expected of us to wear each day?

Posted By: Preparing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: so excited for you   

orientation-We all just wore tshirts and shorts...we had hair and makeup done but just looked very casual--here you will meet your gamma chi and your group...usually your gamma chi has a little happy for you!
water party days- You will be provided with 2 tshirts to wear these two days. Wear cute shorts and sandals with them. You will go to 4 houses Monday and 4 houses Tuesday. You will be given a house tour, and the conversation is light...what's your major? what's your dorm like? what you did in high school? what you are looking forward to? questions like that
philanthropy day- I wore a cute little jersey knit summer dress with sandals. You can wear something like that or a romper or anything that is "summer casual" and light. If all is going well for you, you will be invited back to 6 houses this day, and you will do a little craft at each house. Conversation is still pretty light this day. Make sure you seem really engaged with the people you are talking to!! Don't show if you are bored with the craft...believe me, after a long few days, you can get that bored to death look on your face! Just keep a positive attitude, and smile through it!
THEME NIGHT- I LOVE THIS NIGHT! I wore a cute, bold black and white dress with fun heels! Make sure your clothes help you stand out...in a good way haha! This night you will really see personalities come out! Conversation gets serious, and the girls will start to ask you the million dollar question......can you see yourself here? ......

By: so excited for you
#2  by: so excited for you   

....they watch your faces while you are watching the skits so make sure you stay engaged!!
Pref night: Wear a dress you would wear to a wedding! This day is so sweet!! Conversation is serious but in a sweet, gentle tone! This is the day you have to forget about what your friend, aunt, mom, ect. did and think about what YOU want to do! Pick the one where you really feel like you belong and have a place!

Goooood LUCK!!! We can't wait to meet all of your sweet faces in a few weeks!!!

By: so excited for you
by: YeahJul 13, 2014 5:31:02 PM

Pref is a "sweet, gentle" tone unless you pref Chi O and they pray over you and tell you God wants you to be a Chi O. Awkward.

By: Yeah
by: @YeahJul 13, 2014 11:58:43 PM

I actually laughed out loud. It's so true! Don't get me wrong Chi O is an amazing sorority, but I got SO uncomfortable! That and knowing about their weird initiation was enough to send me else where.

By: @Yeah
by: @yeah & @@yeahJul 14, 2014 8:01:34 AM

As some else posted on another section, jealousy is sad. Anytime a negative comment is made and a sorority is specifically named it's a clear sign of jealousy. You might be surprised to hear that there are a few members at EVERY house who might "pray over" a PMN. I can assure you that it happens at every house. Also I am quiet confident that no sorority initial ritual exists that is anything other than wonderful and special. Your attempts to make a particular sorority look bad only speak to your own insecurities. Unfortunately there are always extra negative comments about top groups after they have great accomplishments. It's a shame that as MSU Greek women we can't support each other and realize that all groups have amazing members, houses, involvement, grades, and beauty.

By: @yeah & @@yeah
by: .......Jul 14, 2014 9:31:13 AM

I don't know about "Yeah" but I'm not jealous of Chi O, I said I thought they were an amazing sorority, but I CHOSE to go somewhere else. I think my sorority is more amazing, and that's not a problem! It's a true statement that their pref made me uncomfortable, I'm not spreading rumors I'm speaking to something I experienced.

By: .......
by: @......Jul 14, 2014 10:47:37 AM

Any negative comment that singles out a group is wrong. I had several groups that made me uncomfortable during various recruitment parties but I can promise that I will not be on here making negative comments about them. You should concentrate on building up your own group to impress PNMs instead of being negative about a group you are not part of. PMNs know the top groups and realize that negative comments are always made about them. Thank goodness the PNMs are smart enough to "read between the lines" when it comes to comments like yours.

By: @......
by: .......Jul 14, 2014 8:50:41 PM

It must be tiring to think everyone is out to be negative about you in front of PNM's all the time instead of just accepting that something you did didn't click with one girl, Chi O.

By: .......
by: @.....Jul 15, 2014 7:58:39 AM

Hoping you aren't a member of my sorority. Your comments go too far. I'm embarassed by you whatever your Greek affiliation is. Greek leaders at State don't behave like you are.

By: @.....
#3  by: @Preparing   

Sorry your innocent question was used as a platform for negative comments. Unfortunatly the closer it gets to recruitment the more desparate some people become.

By: @Preparing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.