facebook

grades

by: Hi

Hi, is a 3,1/3.2 ( don't know how it will transfer) good here? Also can a oos girl who doesn't know anyone still have a chance at a good house? (I have the recs and a good resume). Also how much is legacy status considered at this school

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: jess18   

1. If you are transferring from another university with a 3.1/3.2, you MAY be okay. If that's your high school GPA, it's a problem.
2. OOS girls are in all the sororities at MSU and all the houses are good. You should be proud to be offered a bid to any house.
3. Legacy status is considered or weighted differently within each sorority.

By: jess18
#2  by: Meh.   

A 3.1/3.2 won't get you cut if we like you, but since your OOS and might not know anyone, it could be a factor for getting cut from certain houses. Having good recs and a shining resume may help off set that. Every sorority has tons to offer and every sorority has OOS members. Legacy is considered, and will get you to philanthropy, but after that you're looked at no differently than every other PNM at most houses. Some sororities have so many legacies coming through that they could fill an entire PC with them, so obviously they have to cut some.

By: Meh.
#3  by: Okayyy   

It's my highschool gpa. It's going to be a 3.2 I found out but I played plent of varsity sports, lots of clubs, awards, volenteering and leadership and I'm decently pretty. Even if it's not a top house could I still have a chance at mid not knowing anyone

By: Okayyy
by: @OkayyyJul 11, 2014 11:55:31 AM

That's not a horrible gpa, and if ur resume is as good as you say it is I'm sure you'll be fine. You'll find a home here, it may not be top but you'll find a wonderful home regardless. Stop worrying!

By: @Okayyy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.