facebook

Legacies this year

by: Just wondering

Did Chi O cut a lot of legacies this year, or did they pledge most of them? I know each chapter is different when it comes to legacies.

Posted By: Just wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

I am not a Chi O, and I don’t know for sure, but most of the chapters who have been on campus pretty much since the beginning, had more legacies than they could possibly take without becoming a straight legacy chapter. I think they all try to take the legacies who they feel would fit best with their chapters. Chi O always has a large number of strong legacies going through, so even though they usually take mostly legacies they generally choose legacies that are highly sought after by not only their chapter but other chapters, legacy or not. Since chapters who had high retention had to take small classes the past two years, being a legacy was not necessarily in your favor unless you had other qualities that fit that chapters vibe or ideals. For instance, Chi O is known for having a high grade point average. If you are a legacy and have a 2.9 grade point average, it probably still isn’t going to happen. Most chapters desire girls with strong grade point averages, but it may not be the thing they are looking for the most. Each chapter has their own vibe and their own value placed on each of their ideals. I think that is what is great about State. There is a home for everyone.

I know a lot of girls fell through the cracks last year, mainly because they had their heart set on one chapter and didn’t keep it to themselves. If you have to take a small pledge class, you don’t have wiggle room to keep girls who may fall through the cracks. My suggestion to girls going through next year is AT THE LEAST have three chapters where you get to know the girls and are open to being in the chapter. It doesn’t matter how much the girls love you, it is not completely in their control, and there are lots of girls going through that the girls in the chapters love… more than can fill one chapter. They can’t take you all. And even if you lose thought three, do your research and really listen during rush, when you are at every chapter to see if any of them line up with your personality and your ideals.

By: Yes
by: YesNov 27, 2023 3:18:00 PM

If one does line up with what you want from a sorority and your ideals, then give them a try. If no one left does, you can drop. Don’t take it personally

Next year should be better for rushees, but even in the best of times hearts get hurt. Hearts going through rush and hearts in the chapters. Trust me when you get on the other side, you will understand. There is so much that goes into it.

Don’t worry about legacy numbers and last years rush. You have no control over that. Just put your best foot forward and try to enjoy the experience. I know that is easier said than done. And, remember, they are trying to impress you as much as you are trying to impress them.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.