facebook

Are adpi and phi mu really the same level?

by: Question

I keep seeing ADPI and PM grouped together on the rankings. Is ADPI really the same level as PM now? I am a OOS senior in HS, and 2 of my older sisters went to state in the late 2010s. I’ve talked to them a lot about sororities and from what I understood, Adpi was like very very bottom and PM was considered a “top house” and was almost as desirable or as desirable as houses like dg/chi o/kd. No hate to either house at all but I just wanted to see if what I am seeing on here is even accurate? Do girls seem to really want those houses an equal amount now? Just seems like such a jarring difference in such a short time!! That’s awesome for ADPi if so!

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Noooo   

Adpi isn’t even on the same level as Tri delt or zeta and DEFINITELY not phi mu…. I don’t know what the people on this site are talking about

By: Noooo
by: Question Aug 16, 2023 1:05:01 PM

Are you a current student? I want someone who actually goes there rn or even a girl who just went through rush to see what they thought the vibe was and what other girls thought when going through!

By: Question
by: opAug 16, 2023 1:06:58 PM

Yes I am a current student

By: op
by: Question Aug 16, 2023 1:09:32 PM

Okay gotcha, is phi mu still considered top then?

By: Question
by: YupAug 16, 2023 1:41:19 PM

Finally someone said it. Didn’t want to call ADPI out for all the self ranks during recruitment, because they have definitely improved, just not as much as they claim. This year cleared it up:
KD/XO
DG
Phi Mu
ZTA/DDD
ADPI
PI PHI
AXO

By: Yup
by: HahahahaAug 16, 2023 1:57:43 PM

This was very clearly written by an an alum! Things have changed sorry you cannot accept that!

By: Hahahaha
by: @nooooAug 16, 2023 10:43:54 PM

You are either a mom or an alum from awhile ago because no one who's actually here at state would put adpi near bottom.

Xo, kd, dg (only because girl from ms entire family are alum to one of them)

Pm, adpi, ddd (all solid mid and extremely strong) only difference is that they haven't been bottle fed since birth to want ^^^

Zta (some cute girls but a very baddd reputation that a lot of girls steer away from)

Pbp, axo (each got some really cute girls this recruitment. Pbp heavily pushes alphabet soup and leans extremely liberal, axo is adorable and will climb the ranks once they get a home)

By: @noooo
#2  by: PNM    

I just went through rush! I am from New Jersey so I came in with very little knowledge as to the reputation of each house. From my observations and talking to other girls during the process this is how I think people generally see the houses:

XO/DG/KD - everyone seemed to be on the same page that these were “the best.” If you asked a girl from MS which house they wanted to be in, they would always include these 3.
PM - some people grouped PM with the other top houses and others did not. Either way, girls weren’t upset when they got them back. They seem respected and very desired.
DDD - some girls were meh about DDD, but girls were not devastated when they got this house or only had them left. They also seemed respected though not as desired as the ones I put above. Seems like DDD just minds their business and you don’t hear much about them. I liked them during rush.
ZTA/ADPI/Pi Phi - some girls seemed to prefer zeta over the others because they thought the girls were prettier/social. However, it seemed all three are looked at pretty much the same! They aren’t sought after houses, but plenty of girls were happy enough. However, some girls were extremely upset if this is all they had left. I ended up in a house in this group so no hate. I don’t care about being in the most popular house (and I’m not from Mississippi or the south so I don’t think I’d mesh well in a top house anyways.)
AXO - new, everyone was trying to drop them first and several girls dropped all together bc this is all they had left. I thought they were nice but awkward and really mixed bag.

By: PNM
by: My thinking Aug 16, 2023 2:37:37 PM

See I also went through rush and I felt like I heard tons of girls leaving adpi feeling excited. Like they had really good conversations and I was personally very impressed with them. I heard more people being meh about phi mu and tri delt. Now, I think phi mu is still above adpi because they have more history but I would probably put phi mu/adpi/tri delt as solid middle tier and then put zeta/pi phi/axo as bottom (with zeta and pi phi having an edge above axo). I think zeta has pretty girls but they just have suchhhhh a bad reputation that lots of girls wouldn’t consider going there over Adpi or even pi phi.

By: My thinking
by: UghAug 16, 2023 4:01:45 PM

I wish people
Would stop saying adpi/zta/DDD aren’t sought after. Girls are only crazy for dg chio and kd bc they are FROM Mississippi! It’s their friends from
Their high schools. And they pull each other in as old buddies. It DOES not make them Any better than DDD/zta/adpi it just means they want to be in the 13th grade of high school instead of meeting new people and expanding their horizons.

By: Ugh
#3  by: Off topic but…   

I don’t know if y’all have seen Pi Phis pledge class this year. They are definitely going to change some things around on the row.

By: Off topic but…
#4  by: Please   

Can we accept that different girls are happy in different houses? That’s what this entire recruitment process is supposed to be about. Finding your individual house that hits your individual needs, values, and aspirations! Just because a girls perfect fit is a “bottom tier” house doesn’t mean that she is a not worthy of excitement when opening her bid! Pan love, right?

By: Please
#5  by: lol   

short answer, no they arent on the same level at all. adpi girls live on this site however and everytime they see something ab them they all spam it and say theyre the best hahhahah

By: lol
by: TruthAug 17, 2023 7:38:37 PM

You can always tell by the likes alone that adpis are obsessed with this site

By: Truth
#6  by: Dawg girl   

Phi Mu is a top at MSU and Adpi is lower bottom. If you can get into phi mu take it.

By: Dawg girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.