facebook

Does anyone know

by: Time

What time I'll find out if I got a bid or not? Of the 2 houses I preffed I can truly only see myself in one. I really don't even care that it's ranked as low tier on here. The girls were ok but I met 9 girls but had nothing in common with any of them all week long.

Posted By: Time
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: F   

You need to put down two. If you only put down one house you are breaking your contract saying you maximized your options which guarantees you a bid. If you break this contract, that means that girls who did maximize their options are taking your spot on your preferred house bid list. You are just lowering your chances in that house

By: F
by: @FAug 14, 2023 6:16:48 PM

This is NOT true. I wish people who don't know what they are talking about wouldn't comment on important stuff. She is not breaking a contract because she never signed it.

It is fine if you only write down 1 but you need to understand that if you aren't on that sororities number one list then you will be dropped completely. If that happens, you could get picked up by them or a different sorority via a snap bid. Houses that aren't at total can pick up girls who dropped or were dropped.

By: @F
by: @@FAug 14, 2023 6:34:49 PM

She can really only count on pi phi, zeta tau alpha, or alpha chi handing out snap bids.
I wouldn't risk it - put down both

By: @@F
#2  by: @OP   

Last year girls who didn't get a bid received a phone call from their gamma chi by 10:30am. Someone who was dropped completely earlier this week was told in person in their dorm room from their gamma chi and another pan person.

By: @OP
by: Dawg girlAug 17, 2023 8:28:12 PM

How did she not get any bids?

By: Dawg girl
by: bidsAug 18, 2023 5:03:55 PM

Pnm's who put down on their card only one of their two preference sororities run the risk of not matching to that one sorority, therefore not getting a bid at all. THis is called Single Intentional Preference (SIP) otherwise known as suiciding. Pnm's who put down both sororities are guaranteed a bid to one of them.

By: bids
by: @bidsAug 22, 2023 10:18:26 AM

That doesn't explain how a girl gets dropped early in the process. It would be a situation where no chapter chooses to extend her an invitation to the next round, correct? Not the PNM failing to rank houses? That's so sad - not a flawed strategy on the part of the PNM but something that caused all the houses to reject her outright. :(

By: @bids
by: ^Aug 22, 2023 8:23:43 PM

Yes, that is how it happens. It is not common but it happens. Some pnm's are not fully prepared for recruitment, or are too shy and just fall through the cracks.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.