facebook

in 2-4 years...

by: Rank123

In 2 to 4 years, this is how I think the ratings will be like. Some houses are getting better, others getting worse and some others staying the same. So there's gonna be some movement in the rankings...if current trends stay the same I think it turns up something like this:

1. Sigma Chi
2. Phi Delta Theta
3. Sigma Alpha Epsilon
4. Kappa Sigma
5. Kappa Alpha
6. Lambda Chi Alpha
7. Pi Kappa Alpha
8. Alpha Tau Omega
9. Delta Chi
10. Pi Kappa Phi
11. Farmhouse
12. Phi Gamma Delta
13. Alpha Gamma Rho
14. Sigma Nu

1. Chi Omega
2. Phi Mu
3. Kappa Delta
4. Zeta Tau Alpha
5. Delta Gamma
6. Delta Delta Delta
7. Alpha Delta Pi
8. Pi Beta Phi

Of course, some new groups will be coming-in over the next few years and I'm some other chapters (BIG chapters probably) will be leaving.

But is how I think they will all rank come 2017 or 2018.

Posted By: Rank123
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hm   

your fraternity list doesn't make a lot of sense but the sororities are spot on

By: hm
#2  by: I really   

don't DG ever dropping below #4 unless some huge scandal happens. They just have way too much history here and support from alums and nationals. ZTA and DDD are definitely the ones to watch for moving up fast, but I think DDD is far more well rounded than ZTA and would be the only contender for jumping one of the current top houses.

By: I really
by: I agreeApr 26, 2014 6:31:55 PM

Eventhough DG has had a rough couple of years, I believe they'll regain their footing and remain a top house. DG still has a strong reputation in Mississippi. The next couple of years will determine a lot for them. And ZTA and DDD are both doing very well over the past few years. I see Phi Mu as the one in danger of being replaced, not DG. While I agree that DDD probably has a more well rounded group, I just don't see them as stellar in any one area. Most people think ZTA has prettier girls. If ZTA can get their grades under control, I believe they'll move up. It's strictly a matter of personal opinion between the two though.

By: I agree
#3  by: Correct   

When a sorority like dg has a rough couple or 3 years it's hard to recover. Doesn't matter about your history. List is spot on except maybe switch zeta and ddd. Chi o , kd, phi mu are not in any danger anytime soon. They are all rockin this year with wins and involvement.

By: Correct
by: Not sureApr 27, 2014 5:33:24 PM

I disagree with your comment based in the fact that Phi Mu had a few very down years from 2008-2011. They had minimal involvement, no competition wins, dropping grades, retention problems, etc but they worked very hard to make improvements and did! Within 3 years they have become super involved on campus, improved grades and retention, and won competitions. They are now back to being a top group on campus. I think it can happen to any group. Don't forget that DG still has fantastic involvement and knows how to campaign better than any other group. All Greeks at MSU are improving each year!!

By: Not sure
#4  by: @not sure   

Fact remains that "rank" is accurate.
1 chi o
2 phi mu
3 kd
4 zeta!!!

By: @not sure
by: UmApr 28, 2014 1:51:43 AM

Yeah no. That's not happening.

By: Um
by: NoApr 28, 2014 7:45:46 AM

DG won't drop out of the top 4 unless MSU gets a huge influx of out of state students. DG is very strong in Mississippi while Zeta is not.

By: No
#5  by: I honestly   

really don't see the ranks changing. I think XO, KD, DG, and Phi Mu will continue to be top 4 and recruit most successfully and be the powerhouses on campus. DDD and ZTA will be next. And Pi Phi and ADPi (and I guess Kappa?) after that. What WILL change, is the overall quality of each chapter, especially some of the "lower ones." With more and more girls rushing every year and more chapters being added, each group is getting better and better girls and becoming more competitive in events that use to be dominated by only 4 chapters. So even though the rankings will look the same, the difference in each tier will continue to decrease, where it use to be a huge gap. That's awesome for everyone!

By: I honestly
by: YESMay 1, 2014 9:35:12 AM

I actually totally agree with this! It's a new way to think about ranks and tiers, and really highlights how much each chapter is succeeding in their own ways. Love this, positive and a way of looking at things that doesn't put anyone down, even though rankings will never not be a thing. I think it's great that your top chapter and our bottom chapter will keep being ore and more similar, that's wonderful for MSU and greek life.

By: YES
#6  by: ramdha guy   

Definitely a Lamdha chi

By: ramdha guy
#7  by: Agreed kinda   

I agree with this except for phi delt. They haven't had good rush classes the past couple years and have recently just been put on probation. Not to mention the fact that they have been developing a bad reputation with girls. See them going down fast. SAE might be able to survive for 2 years but there is no way they can for 4 or more

By: Agreed kinda
#8  by: No no no.   

Chi O, Phi Mu, DG, Tri Delta, ADPi, Pi phi, ZTA,

By: No no no.
by: @?May 14, 2014 5:03:33 PM

I meant to include KD! sorry!
KD seems like they will be above DG. Just based on the problem with DG that happened earlier this year. (Sessums incident)

By: @?
#9  by: Simple   

Tied: KD, XO, DG, Phi Mu
Tied: DDD, ZZTA
Tied: Pi Phi, ADPi

By: Simple
#10  by: @simple   

This is spot on!

By: @simple

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.