facebook

true ranks

by: also honest

Chi o/KD
PHI Mu
Dg/ZTA
Tri delt/ pi phi
ADPi

JUST HOW IT HAS BEEN ALL YEAR! "Greek" nailed it from the beginning.

Posted By: also honest
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: @REALLY   

I'm sure 26 year olds in your hometown sat around and talked to you about that! You sound angry! It's not really something to be so defensive about. Fact remains Phi Mu is a top 3 right now. No one asked about 4 years ago. Comment was, right now, since rush.
Everyone knows chi o/ kd/phi mu split the list again of top girls.
My sister was a kd in 2008 when they were 4th at best...now look.
Shifts happen, calm Down.
Chi o/kd/phi mu
Dg/zeta/ddd
Pi phi/adpi

By: @REALLY
by: @@REALLYJan 3, 2014 8:46:27 PM

You are the angry one ... the seniors from my hometown shared this with me and my senior sister when I was a freshman in 2011 (my sister and I were a senior and freshman in another sorority)

By: @@REALLY
#2  by: Truthfully    

2 years doesn't change what the ranks have been since the 1970s. Everyone fluctuates, but XO, KD, and DG have a history on this campus that no one else can achieve because they have traditionally been the powerhouses. All 3 have had off years, but in a time where the internet didn't allow people to tear others down. Currently DG is in a slump, and Phi Mu has really stepped up and done well. But giving Phi Mu the credit they deserve does NOT mean its acceptable to be negative about DG, or any other house. These are still wonderful sororities and each will continue to have stronger and weaker years. Mature and kind hearted girls will not let this be a reason to boast about themselves as a means to "get ahead" of another chapter.

By: Truthfully
by: ^^^^^Jan 3, 2014 2:39:18 PM

This. Honest but kind.

By: ^^^^^
by: ehhhhMay 23, 2014 7:07:41 PM

not really...saying XO, KD, & DG have always had the history of being on top isn't fully true. Phi Mu was on campus before KD OR DG! My dad was at state in the 60s and even then PM was a top house...all 4 have always been strong!!

By: ehhhh
#3  by: @truthfully   

Hello dg...."Powerhouse" is an exaggeration for sure. It looks like phi mu is the one being torn down here. All over this sight phi mu is seen as 1 of the top 4, consistently. Why do you have a hard time with them being a top 3 for the past few years. Truth be told you have NO idea who was what since the 70's. YOUR hometown certainly might feel that way, but not every hometown in Mississippi. Look at THIS year's senators, class officers, homecoming, freshman forum, spirit groups, alumni delegates, etc..... chi o and phi mu have more than others...... for this year. Yes, all 9 sororities at state are fabulous, involved, and NOT 1 IS a powerhouse over the others.

By: @truthfully
by: Hi @truthfullyJan 4, 2014 12:29:20 AM

I'd just like to reply and say that I never said I saw any problem with Phi Mu being consistently in the top 4, or in the top 3 the past few years. I even stated that Phi Mu deserved credit for doing better than DG, who as I said is in a slump, recently. Everything I have seen is pitting these two groups against each other, and it appears to be a lot of tearing one down instead of saying both are great. I also do know that XO, KD, and DG have long been considered the, yes, powerhouses at MSU, just like XO, KD, and DDD are considered this at Ole Miss. Anyone with strong family ties to greek life at these schools is aware of this. Although it in no way belittles any other wonderful qualities of other chapters. I am merely saying that there IS a bigger picture than this year and you may want to consider that before you talk big. Also, I don't believe openly stating that DG is not up to their usual standard and that Phi Mu is doing exceptionally well is the sign of being a DG. Although based on your response being so one sided I'm not surprised you opened with an erroneous assumption.

By: Hi @truthfully
#4  by: yes   

Spot on.

By: yes
#5  by: yes   

Spot on for truthfully that is. Fyi, dg is a top 3 at ole miss....not chi o. There again..depends on YOUR hometown alumni. Deep roots to greek life can be ANY sorority. Every strong alumni group will tell you their group is the power house. Please don't be so naive to think those 3 have always been it.

by: DisagreeJan 5, 2014 12:16:52 AM

Chi O, KD and Tri

By: Disagree
by: DisagreeJan 5, 2014 12:33:24 AM

Chi O, KD and Tri Delt have been and still are the top sororities at Ole Miss. DG is very strong but not top 3. If you insist on the "hometown" perspective then DG would be ranked low in my hometown because only the odd unpopular girls pledge DG at UM.

by: actually..Jan 20, 2014 1:19:34 AM

DG is NOT top three at Ole Miss. They're 4th at best after KD/XO/DDD ( in no order).

By: actually..
by: @yesMar 25, 2014 1:09:46 AM

I totally agree. And if you want to talk about tradition, ZTA would be up there too since they were the second house on campus. None of the so-called top houses besides Chi O even chartered until the late 60s and early 70s.

By: @yes
#6  by: @disagree   

Go to the ole miss site please....this is msu.

Chi o/ kd/ phi mu
Dg/ddd/zeta
Pi phi/adpi

By: @disagree
by: DisagreeJan 5, 2014 7:40:26 PM

Sorry if you don't like my comments.

MSU
Chi O/KD
DG/Phi Mu
ZTA/Tri Delt
Pi Phi/ADPi

#7  by: For real.   

XO/KD-Leading the pack right now. Have every category covered that makes a chapter the strongest. Different than each other, but undeniably tops.
DG/Phi Mu-A lot of the same qualities as the other 2, but a couple of things (different for each one) holding them from the top right now. BUT, much stronger than the other chapters in all honesty.
DDD/ZTA-Both have improved so much in the past few years. With a couple more consistent years either of these could move up.
Pi Phi/ADPi-The new/newer kids on the block. Both got off to solid starts and it should be said that no chapter here is weak.

By: For real.
#8  by: wrong   

KD is NOT leading the pack in ANY area.....didn't even have a homecoming rep. Not many reps in any categories nor did they initiate as many as others. Sorry.
Xo/dg/phi mu. Lead in all areas

By: wrong
#9  by: Rank   

Nope. This is the true ranking -

1. Chi O
2. DG
2. KD
3. Tri-Delt
4. Phi Mu
5. ZTA
6. Pi Phi
7. ADPi

By: Rank
by: Greek1412Mar 26, 2014 10:03:32 AM

DDD has some nice cute girls and they've made gains over the past couple of years, but so have other groups. They're not ahead of Phi Mu or ZTA.

ChiO/KD/DG - Still most selective due to strong alumni ties, reputation in Mississippi and consistent strong retention rates. Yes, DG is still up there - even with recent PR problems.
Phi Mu/ZTA/DDD - Everyone can debate the order of these three. PhiMu seems to be trending downward and the other two upward. ZTA and DDD pretty equal for most people, but ZTA has prettier girls and strength of philanthropy involvement gives them an edge for me (though they need to work on grades).
PiPhi/ADPi - Also strong groups. Seems to be a "two steps forward and one step back" for PiPhi at times. Both groups have some really nice girls. Interested to see how ADPi does over the next few years with such strong southern ties.

By: Greek1412
by: yesMar 26, 2014 12:27:00 PM

greek1412 nailed it.

by: hmmm@greek1412May 12, 2014 9:48:20 PM

phi mu is not falling..they have been getting better and better recently

By: hmmm@greek1412
#10  by: Impossible   

to distinguish within tiers.
Top: XO, KD, DG, Phi Mu
Middle: DDD, ZTA
Bottom: Pi Phi, ADPi

By: Impossible

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.