facebook

Virtual Rush at MSU

by: Yay!

So what does everyone think about zoom rushing? Possible WiFi crash?

Posted By: Yay!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ha   

I was so nervous when I was a PNM, I tripped walking into a house! Soo that’s a plus?

By: Ha
#2  by: Yay   

Good luck to all PNMs! I know virtual rushing is strange and not what you expected but it’s very different for us too! We can’t wait to meet you! Best advice...get off this site! All the negative garbage on here is written by alums and Moms trying to relive their glory days! All houses are full of nice girls and we all actually get along! Keep an open mind and remember that where ever you land is where you are suppose to be and make life long friends!

By: Yay
#3  by: Scared   

I hate the idea of zoom rush! I think houses will make cuts without even giving girls a chance. Legacies will
Dominate

By: Scared
by: HmmAug 11, 2020 3:16:59 PM

Maybe top three, but the rest of the houses will give everyone a good chance to get a bid.

By: Hmm
by: Shut upAug 11, 2020 5:54:01 PM

Whoever @Hmmm is needs to shut her mouth making assumptions about all the houses. My word, she’s not a member of all 8. Shut up @karen

By: Shut up
by: My opinionAug 14, 2020 12:47:10 PM

As a PNM I can say that especially in the first round of virtual rushing it feels like they made cuts based upon a piece of paper instead of the person that was behind that paper. Legacies definitely seem to be dominating in some of the chapters because some really great girls I know got cut from some that are very well qualified. However there are some amazing chapters that I was able to visit and I felt that besides the Go Greek round they have gotten to know me like they would have if rush was in person.

By: My opinion
#4  by: Y’all gotta stop   

With the lies that only legacies are getting into the “top 3.” Less than half of each pledge class are legacies, and at least one top house did away with legacies on the national level. You’re just scaring girls into limiting their choices before they even talk to anyone.

By: Y’all gotta stop
by: HmmAug 11, 2020 7:20:46 PM

Limiting choices! LOL they’ll get cut first day so they’ll all know! Better to be honest now so they can go into this with eyes wide open!

By: Hmm
by: @hmmmAug 12, 2020 11:11:23 AM

A lot of girls will get cut because those chapters are forced by Panhellenic to release SO many PNMS but they won’t be cut BECAUSE they aren’t a legacy. That’s just not accurate information.

By: @hmmm
by: OkayAug 13, 2020 6:20:57 PM

So the top chapters (chi o, kd, dg and phimu) make first round cuts and I have a 4.2 GPA, shackouls honor college, and no Greek background or friends... get cut. Is that because of legacy?

By: Okay
by: OkayAug 13, 2020 6:21:27 PM

So the top chapters (chi o, kd, dg and phimu) make first round cuts and I have a 4.2 GPA, shackouls honor college, and no Greek background or friends... get cut. Is that because of legacy?

By: Okay
#5  by: Gosh   

What a mess! At this point I think we should throw everyone’s name in a bowl and each house just pick a name!

By: Gosh
#6  by: Question    

Did all PNMs get there schedules for tomorrow? Anyone not get bids at all?

By: Question
by: whatAug 13, 2020 10:28:57 PM

They aren’t out yet

By: what
#7  by: HOT mess   

Cuts made before you lay eyes on a person or have a conversation with them is ridiculous. This year is a disservice to all girls rushing! Legacies are sleeping tight tonight while other girls got cut before ever having a conversation with a sorority member. Shame on Panhellenic and shame on all people involved in planning the circus.

By: HOT mess
by: Rude awakeningAug 14, 2020 1:05:32 AM

I assure TONS of legacies are going to be shocked tomorrow when they’re cut from their legacy house. And like it or not half of the houses here already have the list of girls rushing cut in half before they ever walk thru the doors every.single.year. That’s why we have recruitment teams that work all summer pouring over resumes, transcripts, recs, and social media! That’s why houses work so hard to have girls as OLs and Roadrunners to meet potential girls that may not be on their radar from hometowns or alums!! This happens every year and y’all are just blaming it on Zoom because the curtain for how recruitment works at high return houses is being pulled back.

By: Rude awakening
by: WelpAug 14, 2020 8:54:33 AM

I think it’s better for them to make their big cuts first. They know who they want, and it allows the pnm’s to move forward. No false hopes.

By: Welp
by: LolAug 14, 2020 11:45:32 AM

They should have waited and had spring rush! But wait you have to pay bills so you take whoever will pledge and offer them? A zoom meeting once a week??? No swaps no chapter meetings.. oh and a t shirt

By: Lol
by: @lolAug 14, 2020 2:25:36 PM

No one forced your daughter to go through rush! Pull her out, I’m sure no loss for us!

By: @lol
by: lolAug 14, 2020 8:50:50 PM

I don’t have a daughter in rush... I went alum. Hate that they didn’t wait and have spring rush. I always loved meeting those girls that no one saw coming

By: lol
by: @lolAug 14, 2020 9:13:12 PM

This is a unique situation and I’m sure everyone wishes it were different, We are doing our best to make a bad situation better.

By: @lol
#8  by: 4 years here   

It’s been this way for years. Sorry, moms, it’s awful! I’m sorry!! After freshman year, it doesn’t matter any more!! Be happy and have peace!

By: 4 years here

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.