facebook

raising money

by: Greek girl

I saw a post downing the amount of money raised by a group and wanted to address it without rating a house. How does any particular group "raise $35,000 to $50,000 in one to two week fundraisers." Every greek organization goes through weeks of planning and raising money to announce a total at the event. And every sorority house puts on multiple events in the year. So congrats to ALL houses for raising the amount of money they do!

Posted By: Greek girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @Greek girl   

I think you should read more than just one post on that page to see why that comment was made.

By: @Greek girl
#2  by: I know   

Which post you are referring to. But you also did not answer my question. Every group puts in more planning than that. I saw Sigma Chis starting to ask for sponsorship for Derby Days in January. Why? To be that successful you have to start early. Which they are and that's why you raise an amazing amount through a single event. We should be proud of all groups raising money no matter how many events they do. We, as greeks, determine our image. As Tri Delta wants to be known for their love for St. Jude. I want people to say the same about my house and breast cancer research instead of partying or looks. But hey, that's just me.

By: I know

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.