facebook

ole miss rush

by: ??

Is Ole Miss's rush really as competitive as they say it is? I know its made out to be so harsh with cuts and that you have to have in house or alumni connections to get into the top 6 houses but I don't understand what would make it more competitive than MSU or any other SEC school. Everyone say Chi O, Tri Delt, and KD are the most prestigious there and then DG, KKG, and Phi Mu... I was just wondering how true this is compared to MSU or the rest of the SEC

Posted By: ??
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Soph   

I see our rush as being just as competitive as it is at Ole Miss. In house connections are super important both places. Their alums have more say in who receives a bid at Ole Miss and put more pressure on houses to take chapter legacies. For the most part I feel like our advisors at MSU offer advice and don't force girls down our throat (at least that's how it is for my chapter).

I think it is a little easier here for a PNM with no connections to get a bid from a top house.

The biggest differences are the number of PNMs going through and their delayed rush. My friends there are so ready for formal recruitment because they have been rushed since last January. They invite PNMs to all of the spring parties and if you turn down an invite it can seem you aren't interested. So the pressure to impress actives started in January. It's the same since they moved in... everything is super intense.

By: Soph

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.