facebook

leaving

by: Happy Now?

So I went through Rush this week... Had amazing letters of rec, knew alumni who were still involved, was a legacy to 2 and had aunts in 2 others. I got cut from ALL of the sororities. Even after one told me I was one of their top favorites. Needless to say I will probably be going to Ole Miss. Happy now Panhellenic??

Posted By: Happy Now?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: AREYOUSERIOUS   

Are you serious?!?! You are actually going to leave the University because you got cut from those houses? Maybe you should reevaluate your priorities as to why you even are in college. WOW!

By: AREYOUSERIOUS
#2  by: FYI   

The same quota process will be used at Ole Miss... get ready

By: FYI
#3  by: T   

Sometimes top girls get cut because all top houses think you are pledging somewhere else or don't have a chance with you. This same thing happened last year

By: T
#4  by: AREYOUSERIOUS   

Oh, and one more thing. Many of the girls who got cut completely at the beginning were from out of state. They probably had better resumes and GPA's than most in state and the only disadvantage they had was the fact that they were from out of state. It is aggravating to me that you would switch schools simply for the reason of not getting what you want. Who the heck do you think pays for your school? Guess what, the girls who are having to pay the $13,000 more a year for out of state tuition is covering the cost of the rest of your schooling. That's where the out of state tuition is going, in case you didn't know that.

By: AREYOUSERIOUS
#5  by: MSU    

Everyone has great rec letters, connections , legacies etc. That doesn't make you any more special than anyone else. Try going to an SEC school where 400 direct legacies for one house go through and only 25 legacies can be taken. They take the best of the best . Just how it is.

By: MSU
#6  by: lol   

At Ole Miss they're using the same quota system... Apparently Alpha Phi's quota is like 180 and the other sororities are all around 120. Don't expect anything different there

By: lol
#7  by: Wow   

Yeah and here the top houses are taking 60

And girls are being lied to and manipulated.....

Girls just wanted a fair chance and were completely misled. Especially out of state girls never stood a chance. Yall made this mess and Greek at state will suffer

And btw national know nothing about this. Because I am an alum and I called

By: Wow
#8  by: Happy now?   

For those of y'all bashing me. Chill out. Most of us are completely open about the fact that the main reason we chose to come to college at State because we were in love with the Idea of Greek life. Who doesn't want an amazing sisterhood. It's also not fair that many of the girls that haven't been cut only rushed to make friends. They have zero plans of accepting a bid. Or some of the girls that went to some houses on pref night are not going to accept a bid to that house because they can not afford it. It's not fair.

By: Happy now?
#9  by: Annoyed   

Y'all are going to think that I am mean, but this "it's not fair" crap is getting out of hand. LIFE IS NOT FAIR. You aren't always going to get what you want. This process is preparing you for life. I am a recent alum and I got shot down by so many companies when I was job hunting. I finally found the most perfect job for me and I just knew I was the best fit for the position. Guess what, I didn't get it. I had to settle for something that pays the bills.

I have always been a firm believer in rush preparing you for life and this year makes it even more true.

By: Annoyed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.