facebook

dropped/cut

by: Curious

PNMs: Were you/your roommate cut from rush/dropped due to not liking the houses you wanted? Don't drop names just wanna get a basic number if possible.

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PNM   

My roommate dropped after she got her first schedule back on the second day and another girl on my hall and 2 from another dorm from what I was told. It makes me sad but I can't change her/their decisions.

By: PNM
#2  by: Devastated    

I dropped out today. Yesterday, I had three that I loved and one that I was hoping would rise to the occasion. Last night two stood out, one got a little less impressive, and one fell flat. Today I was cut from the two I was the most impressed with. I probably would have stayed and gone for my the less shiny one, but my gamma Chi said I had to accept both and then I had to accept a bid. I may be young but I'm not stupid. I can't believe this is how I'm starting my college career. I know things happen from the best, but I would be lying if didn't admit I'm devastated.

By: Devastated
by: ConfusedAug 12, 2016 7:09:06 PM

I can't stop crying i don't know what to do. I had 4 houses last night and 3 I really really saw my self in. They weren't all top or the most popular but I was 100% content with them. Today I got my schedule back and had ONE house left and it was the ONE I just 100% could never see myself in. I didn't even put on my pref dress which I saved up pretty much all summer to buy that was supposed to be worn tonight. I came from out of state and I never thought I would be this miserable. I didn't think I would care so much but no one prepares you for this kind of rejection. I sincerely just want to transfer back to the school in my home state at this point. That sounds ridiculous but I had such high hopes for my freshman year and the year hasn't even started and I already want to leave. I have no friends here and thought Greek life was going to help me find my home. The house I had left was not my home. They tell you over and over to Trust the process but I know myself better than whatever this stupid process is obviously. Tomorrow is going to worse than today, all the girls running around all happy with their new sisters while I'm alone in my dorm....

By: Confused
by: Correct meAug 12, 2016 7:55:24 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot be forced to sign a bid card tomorrow. If you had only one house today, you could get that house tomorrow, OR could have a house from the day before. That's a snap bid. So you can still get one of the houses you want. So I'd open the bid card and see. But you can drop. I see lots of snaps tomorrow so there is hope!

Also, join organizations! You can create great friendships and meet people that way too! Greek life is great, but you have to do what's best for you.

By: Correct me
by: Tricked and lied to. Aug 12, 2016 8:03:55 PM

My Gamma Chi told me that I had to accept both invites and if I received a bid I had to accept it and there was a form/contract that I was told I had to sign today that confirmed this. That is why I am sitting in my dorm room tonight.

By: Tricked and lied to.
by: ThenAug 12, 2016 10:02:49 PM

I am wrong. I did not know that they had you sign something tonight. You are doing what you believe is best. Since you didn't sign that contract you can do COB or rush next year or elsewhere if you do transfer. But I really encourage you to look into joining organizations before transferring. And jump head first into all the fun things state has.

By: Then
#3  by: Fed up with these cuts   

Everyone is getting cut from their top choices. I guess they are trying to force people into houses!!!!

By: Fed up with these cuts
#4  by: Froggy    

They are forcing you to sign cards making you accept houses you don't want.... Why?

I dropped why spend money on a house you don't want!!

I think I will go skiing at Christmas instead of greek

By: Froggy
by: DenialAug 12, 2016 9:56:36 PM

While skiing is fun, it's not Greek life. I haven't even had the nerve to call my grandmother yet and tell her I'm not going to be in her sorority. She was so proud of me for being asked back each day. She kept saying "your a legacy, and that means something." Don't get me wrong I'm happy to get a bid tomorrow, but neither of the houses are what I really want. I can't believe I'm saying this. I wish I would have just dropped out

By: Denial
#5  by: so long greek life   

Myself and my roommate dropped today. So much for being involved in greek life.

By: so long greek life
#6  by: Truth   

I'd love to hear from an ADPi to see if you think this is actually helping or hurting your chapter. It breaks my heart so many girls are dropping and missing a chance to be Greek instead of pledging somewhere they don't love yet. 3 days in a house isn't enough to see that yes you can be happy there. But I feel like ADPi is still getting the short end of the stick here and so are a lot of PNMs.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.