facebook

rush changes

by: Just Wow

I've heard a lot of girls have decided not to pledge the house(s) they were left with. I wonder if the changes with this years rush quotas will hurt Greek life at State more than help.

Posted By: Just Wow
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ugh   

Good riddance. EVERY sorority is amazing and if these girls are so shallow to not pledge because they won't give their houses a chance then they definitely don't deserve to be Greek women.

By: Ugh
by: Just WowAug 12, 2016 4:55:42 PM

Who are you angry with? Maybe those girls didn't feel like they fit in at those houses. There are many possiblereasons why a girl declines a bid. Being nasty about this post says way more about you than them!

By: Just Wow
by: Devastated Aug 12, 2016 7:14:41 PM

Wait a second, your saying I should be Greek for Greek's sake? Even though to go the parties tonight I was told I have to take the risk of getting a bid from a sorority that I don't see myself in. That sounds to me like you and them just want my money. Why should I take your word? Show me proof. If they were all so awesome, why is the quota system so harsh and unbalanced this year. You are part of the problem.

By: Devastated
#2  by: Uber honest   

Hear me out because I swear I don't mean in this as a negative about ADPi AT ALL. In fact I pray they succeed. BUT this was NOT the way to make it happen. Houses have to improve naturally. The fact of the matter is with only 860 girls rushing we don't need another sorority right now. Panhellenic should be giving ADPi time to get better footing rather than forcing girls to pledge there. I'm not saying it's right, but at the end of the day there are girls that are dropping out because they "should" have been in in certain houses and these cuts forced them out. These girls normally would have been quota additions and it is heartbreaking that they are the ones having to pay for ADPi being so under total. I've heard there were a lot of girls that had 3 or 4 houses yesterday that they loved. They were able to cut houses earlier in the week and had options left yesterday. Then they were cut from all those houses last night because it is so competitive and we are playing it safe because of these changes. So girls that normally would be preffing some combo of XO/DG/KD/PHi Mu are now totally released. They had those houses yesterday and now nothing today. All the sororities thought surely not all 4 would have cut them, but everyone gets scared that that girl liked someone else better and everyone cuts her. These were girls that already had ADPi off their lists. So it's not like they are being too haughty and refusing to go there. They're just getting released all together. Some are dropping rather than go ADPi and I wish they owuld give it a chance. But I get it. When you're barely in college and were told by hometown friends how much you wanted all senior year then cut it's a hard pill to swallow. I hate it for them, and I hate it for ADPi. This isn't doing what Panhellenic hoped it would. ADPi will still have a smaller class (calling it now) and girls that deserved to be Greek based on resume and reputation won't be. It's just sad. I know at least 5 girls that I've already heard have been released and these girls were wanted. I want ADPi to get better, badly. Our system needs it and the great girls there deserve it. This was just such the wrong way to try to make it happen.

By: Uber honest
#3  by: Snap bids   

I predict lots of snap bids and COBs tomorrow and next week. Last years quota was 86. The houses will have closer to those numbers than what was written earlier.

By: Snap bids

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.