facebook

watching

by: Almost there

I've been watching this with interest, as I am a senior in high school who plans to rush at State next year. What are the sororities looking for as far as grades, high school/community involvement, etc.? BTW, I'm OOS and not a legacy. Good luck to all of the girls and actives as this crazy week winds down!

Posted By: Almost there
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

Being out of state will hurt you which is stupid but true. Chi o doesn't take out of state girls very often. All houses want a GPA of 3.2 or higher (some may take lower but not most). With less than a 3.2 you'll be cut from a lot of houses. Good community service helps and involvement in various clubs.

By: well
by: almost thereAug 12, 2016 2:46:31 PM

thank you! GPA is between 3.4 and 3.6 unweighted, over 4.0 weighted, but I wasn't sure what was considered a favorable GPA (some schools are more demanding than others!).

By: almost there
by: HmmmAug 12, 2016 3:03:42 PM

Chi O does take out of state girls.

By: Hmmm
#2  by: post number 2    

Poster number 2! Welcome to Greek Rank, Chi Omega!! (you bunch of boring stick in the mud's)

By: post number 2
by: ObviousAug 12, 2016 3:05:45 PM

Chi O released you today I see

By: Obvious
#3  by: OOS girl   

If being in one of the top houses is very important to you then you may need to consider going to a different school. This year I along with several out of state girls with 4.0s were cut from almost every house. We had involvement and community service but this year rush was completely screwed up.

By: OOS girl
#4  by: Girl   

People will h 4.0 Act of 30+ and outstanding recs cut. If you want to rush don't go to State!!!! Unless you already have a relative in the house or your mom a national officer. Or Panhellenic just screw you over

You will not get a top bid! But you can get. Bid cause they are desperate!

By: Girl
by: HmmmAug 12, 2016 11:08:57 PM

This same type of quota is used at other SEC schools and will be used at even more very soon. There are chapters on every campus far below campus total. This process will be used to even out chapter size

By: Hmmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.