facebook

important night

by: Girl

Tonight is such an important night and I can't wait for all you ladies to experience it, but please remember that it is still possible to not get the house you want. Yes, you will get a house, but telling a house yes and telling one no doesn't 100% guarantee your spot to your yes house-- you might still end up at your no. If that happens, please remember that your sorority experience is what you make it so go try and enjoy it! All sororities have something amazing to offer.

Posted By: Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Are you serious?    

If you end up at your no house make the most of it? All sororities have something amazing to offer? Are you high? What are people thinking? Obviously, some sororities are not that amazing or there would not be this huge issue with actives admitting they are cutting amazing girls that any other year would make it. This is manipulation, pure and simple.

By: Are you serious?
by: @aysAug 12, 2016 10:27:20 PM

While yes, they are cutting more girls this year. But quota last year was 87. So if they get around 75-80 girls, only around 10 girls different. So yes, bigger cuts, but some must be exaggerating. Especially with so many dropping I think even top houses can snap bid to get some of those girls back.

By: @ays
by: UhhhAug 12, 2016 10:52:05 PM

Quota was 87 but the all of the top 4 had about 100. Just right there that's 100 extra girls cut...

By: Uhhh
by: @uhAug 12, 2016 11:18:29 PM

Yea but if you say each top house has 80, middle 2 have 85, zeta 90 and ADPi 120 they would have had to cut 150. Which is too much. I feel like each house would take closer to 90, 100, and 120. So only 10 people difference. But we also don't know how many they cut vs how many dropped.

But tomorrow we will see what each house takes vs what was put on here. I will eat my words if I'm wrong. I just don't think they would have made things so severe like noted here.

By: @uh
#2  by: Agree with Are you...   

REALLY, are you high? This has to be the most pretentious and asinine statement ever. Placing the burden of making the most of this rejection on Ladies rushing is basically bullying them into the Greek system. You are saying if you should happen to get the house you DO NOT WANT, well...it's your own fault if you are not able to turn those lemons into lemonade. The fact that you took the responsibility to say "No," in the first place doesn't really matter... Because saying "No," doesn't mean "no." Jeez...scary. I'm a proud Greek, but seeing statements like this makes me sick.

By: Agree with Are you...
by: Thank youAug 12, 2016 11:32:56 PM

Oh and actives are saying the top houses quotas are like 50. Or 60. No where near 80 or 90 like in past years...

They should have been honest before rush started and a lot of girls wouldn't be out the application fee and other money...
Especially out of state girls!

By: Thank you

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.