facebook

recs?

by: Pip

If I don't have any rec letters, will I get cut from every sorority?

Posted By: Pip
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl   

Not necessarily but if it came to it of choosing between two girls, if one girl has a rec and one doesn't then the girl with one will probably be chosen. Try to get some!

By: Girl
#2  by: Senior   

Most likely. Very few sororities will find recs for very few girls that they like enough. But your resume and personality have to be the best of the best for a chapter to put that much time into pledging you. Get some letters so you don't set yourself up for a hard rush!

By: Senior
#3  by: Don't worry    

While you're probably going to get cut from the so-called "top tier," several sororities in the bottom half do not require recs. I have several sisters who came through recruitments with zero recommendations! Don't think of "bottom" as a bad thing though! These sororities are just as good as ones on the top! We love our sisters just as much and have just as strong of a sisterhood! Rankings are generally based on outside involvement, not the experience you'll have within each house itself.

By: Don't worry
by: PnmJul 26, 2016 11:15:22 AM

So if I don't have a rec for zeta and pi phi, will I still have a shot?

By: Pnm
by: WellJul 26, 2016 11:28:20 AM

You are still required to have a rec to receive a bid. All National headquarters require one. A few sororities, maybe ZTA and ADPi, will get a chapter advisor or local alum to complete a rec for you IF they want you as a member. This will be done without you knowing it but the paperwork is required for all sororities. Not sure if Pi Phi will do this or not. Recs really are important. Ask former teachers, people at church, friends parents, etc. You might be surprised who was in a sorority and is willing to write a rec for you. You can also look at each sorority's national website to find alumna groups in your area. They would probably be willing to write a recommendation for you.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.