facebook

how much weight do legacies carry?

by: jw

My aunt & grandmother were a member of a top tier sorority here at state. Will that give me an advantage?

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Senior   

Yes and no. Some sororities do not count aunts, and grandmothers may or may not carry a lot of weight just because there are SO many legacies rushing. Sisters and moms count a lot more. But a chapter will definitely look at you harder because there is legacy and if they're respectful will not cut you the first night just out of courtesy. Honestly, from there your chances are as good as anyone elses. Do be careful if you are starting to love another house that is NOT your legacy though and be sure to tell that house how much you love it there because sometimes we cut girls that are legacies to other houses because it is assumed you'll pledge that house.

By: Senior
#2  by: Legacy   

Just depends on the sorority. My friend who was a DG legacy was cut after philanthropy, but if you are a big time legacy (triple legacy or more) you have a pretty good chance. They def look at you harder and most will give you an invite back to atleast philanthropy round. If you make it to pref as a legacy I think most sororities put all the legacies at the top of their list so you will for sure have a bid to your legacy house if you pref them first, but you need to make it to pref round in order to do that. Most of the time aunts don't count but your grandmother def will.

By: Legacy
#3  by: Chi O    

If you are a Chi O legacy, you will get invited back once as a courtesy. If they weren't a Chi O at State, then being a legacy doesn't really mean much. If they were at State, it will carry a little more weight. If you are a direct legacy and you get invited to Pref, you will get a bid. Basically though, it is more important to know girls who are actives. If you don't have friends who are currently members, it is hard to get in unless you have a really outstanding resume.

By: Chi O
#4  by: Honest tho   

I was a legacy to a sorority that my sister was in and was cut after theme. I loved them, but I loved another house too. I think they knew that and I got a bid to the other house I loved and it really was the best case scenario for me. Now that I see my legacy house I know I could have had friends and been happy, but I truly don't fit their personality wise. I have friends in that house and have nothing but nice things to say, but hands down I was a __ from the beginning and it worked out. So please girls if you are cut from your legacy house 1) don't take it personally because there is a reason and it was a hard choice for that chapter to make and 2) keep looking at who you have left. Chances are the house you were supposed to be all along is there waiting for you.

By: Honest tho

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.