facebook

colonizing at state

by: Olderpnm

With rush becoming so competitive and the number of girls participating increasing do y'all think state will take any new sororities within the next few years? And if so which ones do you think would be a good fit on campus?

Posted By: Olderpnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Senior   

Kappa was set to come back but decided to wait since ADPi is still very new and trying to get established. For the newest house and the colonizing house to succeed I think you really need at least 5 years between them, that way the newest house has enough time to go through an entire chapter of new girls and have enough numbers for another chapter to come on campus. The gap between Pi Phi and ADPi was perfect IMO. Pi Phi had to time to settle in, get a house, build up numbers, and still have enough girls getting released/dropping that we could support another chapter, enter ADPi. This will be there what third rush? They need more time to get a solid place on campus before another house comes. At the end of the day we should be able to release girls and if another house comes they will start with a founding class of girls that everyone else released, which won't set them up to succeed. If we can boost the number of girls rushing by another 150-200 and get ADPi set then we'll absolutely need another chapter. I think Kappa would fit really well and I hope they come back. Other options should be AOPi, Theta, or Alpha Phi because they have chapters at Ole Miss too, but the Kappa chapter is stronger there so I think they would work out best.

By: Senior
#2  by: Ugh    

In the next two years we should be getting a new house. It would have been last year but ADPI was struggling so KKG pulled out. I think KKG should have came over ADPI because kkg is much more respected in Mississippi and how successful their house is at ole miss. ADPI has struggled at ole miss and their reputation was bound to carry over to state. I think KKG, or AXO, or AGD would be a good fit at state because those are very popular southern houses. Maybe delta zeta, or gphi. I don't think AOPI or aphi or theta would be a good fit simply because those chapters struggle at ole miss and Mississippi girls would shy away from rushing that sorority if at ole miss that sorority struggles. Smaller sororities like SDT, dphie, Tri sig ect should stay away because this Greek system will chew them up and spit them out. I wish our pledge classes would go back down to 55- 70 girls ( even then people consider these huge pledge classes ) so we can actually get to know or pledge classes and so more girls can live in the house. State should add a new house and lower the numbering girls each sorority can take.

By: Ugh
by: AgdJul 22, 2016 11:15:30 PM

Unfortunately AGD are not allowed to come back since leaving campus in the 90s (what is now Delta Chi house). But I agree with your other ideas!

By: Agd
by: Um no Jul 23, 2016 12:13:44 AM

Actually tri Delt is the old AGD house. And they are allowed to come back

By: Um no
by: ...Jul 23, 2016 5:01:35 AM

I agree with your comments except AOPi does not struggle at Ole Miss. My aunt is very involved with that chapter. They don't get many Mississippi girls but struggle isn't the right choice of words. That said, Kappa would be a better choice for expansion here. Now there's no doubt Theta struggles.

By: ...
by: @Um noJul 23, 2016 10:36:33 AM

Actually, AGD came on campus in 1989 and built the house behind the Phi Delt house (which is now Delta Chi). Their Nationals came and closed their chapter around 2001/2002 due to low membership.

The DDD house has always been DDD.

By: @Um no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.