facebook

rush important

by: Curious

CAN A GIRL BE CUT FROM ALL 8 SORORITIES?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl   

Unfortunately, yes it can happen. When it happens it's typically because her grades are too low or she has a bad reputation.

By: Girl
#2  by: Yea   

Unfortunately this is starting to happen more and more at state. Rush is becoming very competitive as more girls are deciding to go through with recruitment. as much as we would love to have every girl find a home in the row that just isn't feasible any more. Just make sure you have good grades, good recs and are interesting and easy to talk to.

By: Yea
#3  by: Yes but    

If you have a 3.0 or higher you will probably not be cut from all 8 sororities! If you are normal, cute, talkative, you will do fine! Just be confident and friendly. However if you have below a 3.0 don't go into rush expecting to get a bid. Most girls do get a house if they meet the gpa cut off.

By: Yes but
#4  by: I'm in trouble!   

Which is a bigger reason to be cut- low grades or bad reputation?

By: I'm in trouble!
by: GirlJul 18, 2016 11:33:58 AM

Low grades

By: Girl
by: OmgJul 18, 2016 12:13:40 PM

Is a 2.7 too low?

By: Omg
by: Honest Jul 18, 2016 1:14:57 PM

Low grades for sure. Having a bed rep usually just keeps you from the top houses while low grades will keep you from getting a bid at all. If you have a bad rep but youre cute and meet the gpa requirement houses like zeta, pi phi, and ADPI may take you. 2.7 is not high enough for most houses. During house tours they tell you what their grade cut off is, which is usually a 2.9 at the lowest. There are very extreme circumstances where your gpa may be over looked. My friend in a top house had a 2.8 but her older sister was in that house and the girl was super invovled and extremely pretty. She got cut from every house except for the house that her sister was in.

By: Honest
#5  by: Also    

However if you have a low gpa you can always do spring recruitment! Get ur grades up first semester and then do cob. Houses like zeta and ADPI typically always do cob. Sometimes tri Delt and Pi phi take a spring pledge class as well. You could also spend ur first year at state getting your grades up, making connections with other girls in sororities, and then rush your sophomore year.

By: Also
by: Open bidding!Jul 19, 2016 11:15:24 AM

I was an open bidding girl and I can't recommend this enough! I avoided the stress of recruitment and went straight into a sisterhood that was perfect for me!

By: Open bidding!
by: Dont cob unless u have 2Jul 19, 2016 2:21:32 PM

I don't recommend cob. Usually only one or two sororities hold spring recruitment so you might not like the options you have left. On top of that spring pledge classes are a lot smaller so if there are a bunch of girls trying to cob it's not as likely you will get a bid. Cob is a good option if you can't go through formal recruitment because of grades or because you were dropped before pref.... but I don't recommend doing it as a choice because it's so much less likely you will get a bid and you have so few options.

By: Dont cob unless u have 2
#6  by: It's ok   

I rushed my freshman year with a 3.8 high school GPA, super involved, recs for most houses, and I was released from recruitment. I didn't know anyone at state or in the sororities making it hard to compete with legacies or girls they already knew. Rush can be hard. More girls were released from recruitment last year than people realize. It's ok if you don't find your home on the first try. Everything happens for a reason.

By: It's ok
by: EhJul 19, 2016 10:10:09 AM

I had a 3.2 and didn't know a soul at state and came from South Carolina but I did great during rush. I had a full schedule everyday and only 2 houses cut me. Obviously more factors go into getting a bid than just your gpa. There are SO many factors into getting a bid. Maybe the girls found you awkward or that you couldn't hold a conversation or maybe you didn't have enough recs or weren't invovled enough .... the list goes on. 200 girls were didn't get a bid last year. However that includes girls who dropped out of rush and girls with low gpa. Very few of that number is girls being completely cut.

By: Eh
#7  by: Senior   

Keep in mind that sororities will tell you during house tours what their GPA requirement is as set by their nationals, for example several sororities is a 2.75. But that does at all means that just because you have over that your grades won't be an issue. I know the most competitive houses rarely take anyone with under a 3.2, and the girls that they do take have serious connections. And don't get your heart set on the houses other people are telling you will take lower grades either. Most are cracking down to get grades under control. Just remember to go in with an open mind and be prepared to face some cuts that are not personal, strictly grade related. If rush doesn't work out definitely keep spring rush in mind! Show us you can handle college and then try again.

By: Senior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.