facebook

grades

by: Question

How many grade risks on average do each groups take?

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends    

Pi ph zeta and ADPI take the most. If you are stunning but have a 2.8, Pi phi will take you. If you are average with a 2.8 you might get Zeta or ADPI. If you are legacy or have an in house sister a top house might take you with a lower gpa. I've seen it happen

By: Depends
by: GreekJul 17, 2016 9:48:22 PM

Not sure about Pi phi and zeta but I know for fact Adpi took very few grade risks. Their nationals are very strict about grades.

By: Greek
by: Wrong Jul 18, 2016 1:02:07 AM

ADPI took plenty of girls with 2.8 and 2.9s. Most chapters don't consider someone an actual grade risk unless it's below a 2.8. They take just as many grade risks as zeta which is why they are both bottom in grades every year. ADPI is still new and they are low in numbers. If a girl has other assets to offer ADPI then they are a lot more likely to overlook someone's grades than the other houses.

By: Wrong
#2  by: Ummm   

I joined one of the top sororities and I was told I was a grade risk. They took me due to my close relationship with the house advisor. After one semester, I was so stressed out from struggling with grades, I dropped the sorority. I eventually dropped out of school. Grades are very important.

By: Ummm
#3  by: no   

pi phi only took ONE grade risk last year

By: no
by: GirlJul 20, 2016 4:27:24 PM

As a Pi Phi, this is a lie? We took more than one. We take only a few, but you must be either a legacy or we just really love you.

By: Girl
by: LiessssJul 20, 2016 5:33:17 PM

Pi phi had the lowest gpa requirement to receive a bid which was a 2.9. Every other house was 3.0. I know someone is going to accuse me of lying but on their scholarship board at house tours it literally said 2.9.... That's not a bad thing but they def took some grade risks.

By: Liessss
#4  by: Redpect   

I like this honest girl!

By: Redpect
#5  by: Senior   

There is no set number for how many a chapter will take. When ranking the girls on a pref list you'll look at how strong grade wise the rest of the girls are and that will determine where you put the grade risks. If it looks like you pledge class will have a strong but not knock out average GPA then you might only put a couple really high. If you have a lot of 4.0s from HS carrying the average and you know those girls are putting you first then you could bump a couple risks higher on the list. That's also assuming by pref there are still grade risks left on a sorority's list because there may not be.

By: Senior
by: YeahJul 21, 2016 10:29:00 AM

That's a ton of information for PNMs, too much IMO.

By: Yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.