facebook

alpha delta pi?

by: Lola

I'm out of state and where I'm from ADPi is top and what everyone wants. But this website is making me question if I really want to go ADPi. Everyone is saying that they're bottom and that they "can't be helped." A lot of my friends who joined ADPi back home love it but I'm worried I'll have a bad experience in Greek life if I join a sorority ranked so low. Do rankings really shape your experience that much?

Posted By: Lola
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honest   

ADPi has only been on campus for three years and has only participated in 2 traditional recruitments. The main reason they are considered "bottom" is due to being the newest on campus. During their first full year there was a very unfortunate incident which brought tons of negative attention to them. Being new combined with this have been hard to overcome imo. They do fine in Greek competitions, not placing but not looking awful either. I know a few members and they are great people who love the sisterhood they found in ADPi.

By: Honest
by: LolaJul 14, 2016 1:04:10 PM

But do you think not winning anything will shape my experience differently? Is the sisterhood between top houses and bottom houses any different?

By: Lola
by: HonestJul 14, 2016 5:20:22 PM

@Lola Sisterhood is what you make it whether you chapter is top or bottom. The difference would be which fraternities you swap with and if you can handle being in a group that is less popular (gosh I hate saying that but I am trying to be honest). I don't think ADPi participated in the cheer competition of Kappa Sig charity bowl which is a big deal. If sharing a sisterhood with your hometown friends is that important to you then you will probably have a good experience. Although why worry about sharing the sisterhood at different schools, yeah it's cool but you need to be in a house you really like on your campus. Be open minded during recruitment.

By: Honest
#2  by: Lol   

My sorority is horrible in my home state but it's top here. Seems pretty stupid to pick a sorority based on its popularity at a school you don't even go to.

By: Lol
#3  by: Stop yourselves   

It's great that you've heard so much about how amazing Greek life is from your friends back home! If you're interested in a certain chapter go check out their websites to learn more about them. ADPi's can be found on their Facebook page I think. So definitely check that out.
I would also suggest looking at other sorority's websites so you can get a feel for each chapter as they may be different than what you're used to in your state.
Good luck during recruitment and don't buy into the negativity on this website!

By: Stop yourselves
#4  by: sorority   

ADPi is top at most SEC schools outside of MS. They did not colonize at State or Ole Miss until a few years ago. It takes a while to get organized and involved. Many girls that are legacies and are from states where Adpi is strong come in seriously looking at Adpi and they should. They have a great sisterhood and are involved in campus and greek events. They have ambassadors, student government involvement and placed in many areas this past year. Because they are the newest on campus gives many of their younger members a leadership opportunity early on..

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.