facebook

do i need a recommendation for pi phi?

by: annoyed

I'm very interested in pi phi I can't find someone to write me a rec to save my life. I've tried the alumni websites and everything I just can't find anyone ughhhh. Will I be cut by them?

Posted By: annoyed
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well…   

Their numbers are low. They will take you. No recs needed.

By: Well…
#2  by: ...   

You definitely need recs for every house. Rush is getting very competitive at msu and if you don't have recs you might not make it far. Just because pi phi r any other house may not seem like a top tier house doesn't mean they aren't trying to better themselves and be more competitive. I would definitely try super hard to get a rec. however for some of the lower tier houses (ddd, pi phi, zeta, adpi) you could make it further without recs than at the other houses.

By: ...
#3  by: lucy   

Try and contact your local panhellenic alumnae council and see if they can help you. You will need a recommendation for this school.

By: lucy
#4  by: ummmmno   

HAHA no you do not need a rec. ^^^you're saying that pi Phis 100+ pledge class all had recs? Nobody goes in wanting pi phi so they don't have as many girls with recs as the top 4 do. Be pretty and that's about it

By: ummmmno
by: StopJul 12, 2016 8:13:22 PM

No one can receive a bid without a rec. So yeah, they all had one.

By: Stop
#5  by: Mk   

If you are super pretty and they really like you you won't need a rec. but if ur just average then you'll need one.

By: Mk
#6  by: lies   

dont say they take everyone because that definitely is not true. my roommate really wanted pi phi but they cut her the second day. shes in a top house now and happy but still.

By: lies
#7  by: Lie   

She didn't can't pi phi. She dead mad that they cut her. She most likely was a legacy.

By: Lie
#8  by: Not true    

They DO cut a lot of girls actually. Both Pi phi and tri Delt are very sought after mid tier houses especially by out of state pnms. My friends roommate really wanted Pi phi and thought she had a for sure bid so before bid day she went out and bought a bunch of arrow and halo stuff just to find out she got zeta instead and was heartbroken. She loves being in zeta now but Pi phi does not accept everyone. They have pretty high beauty standards, and you need a fun personality. I've heard of many people getting cut from both tri Delt and Pi phi.

By: Not true
#9  by: Stupid   

^^^^^^ desperate

By: Stupid

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.