facebook

hopeful

by: kfl23

As a black woman, I am hesitant to sign up for Panhellenic Recruitment. From my observation, as a sophomore I was disappointed to see the lack of women of color in these sororities--other than a select few. I am going in as a fully black woman with a 4.0 GPA, involvement in various organizations, etc. With that being said, I had a friend rush and most of the top tier sororities dropped her right away even with good conversation--then looking at the PC's they received she was shocked at the lack of variety. I understand most girls of color sign up for the black sororities, but the ones that don't almost immediately get dropped from most of the top tier sororities. I really hope to see that change this year in light of everything as of recent in America.

Posted By: kfl23
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Go Greek   

As a woman from a not very diverse house, I encourage you to go through. I love my sisters, but wish my House had more diversity.

By: Go Greek
#2  by: hopeful   

Thank you so much! I appreciate hearing that. I hope I will see more of that this year in the chapters that do not usually give diversity a chance. It is just hurtful to see maybe 2 diverse chapters when it comes to race. Like said, I just hope that does not remain a trend in Greek Life. I know sometimes stereotypes can be held, but I am aware of what I am signing up for, and I hold values and character close to my heart.

By: hopeful

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.