facebook

hazing?!

by: PNM

Hey all! i'm thinking of rushing in the fall but i was wondering if sororities still haze?? and if they do is it bad? I really want to be in a sorority but i'm scared!

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PHC LUV   

hi!
So Drexel Greek life has a 0% tolerance for any kind of hazing, and we take that very seriously. So take this from a sister of one of the chapters here as well as conversation I've had with other girls in other sororities, anything that could even ever resemble hazing is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. We are very serious about it. And if you even up rushing and getting a bid to a sorority that you feel like is hazing you, please please speak up. True sisterhood is built of of love for one another and trust, and hazing does the complete opposite. Don't settle for anything less than what you deserve <3

By: PHC LUV
by: PNMJun 29, 2016 10:12:54 PM

Thank you so much!

By: PNM
#2  by: Taylor Gang   

A lot of people think sorority women just say "we don't haze" to avoid controversy, but it's true. Hazing may have been rampant in sororities 20 years ago, but now, in most places, it's absolutely not tolerated.

Most sorority women have to do a variety of anti-hazing workshops, and we are CONSTANTLY told by Drexel, Panhellenic and even our own chapter officers that if we are ever made to feel uncomfortable, we have people to talk to about it.

By: Taylor Gang

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.