facebook

hm

by: curious

Do houses that have lower avg GPAs tend to drop girls with higher GPAs or do they recruit them harder? I liked aphi at spring teas but i have a higher gpa and don't necessarily fit their rep.

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

No they only like super dumb girls with 3.0 gpas.
I mean come on!!! Of course they rush smart girls!!!

By: Lol
by: OPJul 26, 2015 8:50:23 PM

sorry i know that sounded dumb, i just didn't know if they'd see me as someone who wouldn't fit in. thanks

By: OP
#2  by: if    

if they think a girl is super out of their league though/not going to choose them, they WILL drop her to cut their losses. 100%.

By: if
by: GuestJul 27, 2015 9:12:14 PM

How do they usually decide if you're out of their league? I would never consider myself out of any house's league, I'd be lucky to pledge any house even if my gpa is high. I don't want to come off that way

By: Guest
by: ifJul 28, 2015 11:27:34 AM

don't take it as a bad thing. if they look at your resume and see you're likely going to pledge another house because you have a higher GPA/are more involved than the girls they usually get, they're going to drop you because they know you'll pledge another house where academics/involvement are more important. there's not really a way around it that i know of. and this is only the houses with REALLY low grades (i.e. alpha phi, gamma phi)

by: ifJul 28, 2015 11:28:01 AM

^^ although gphi doesn't drop many girls so not them as much but aphi does this for sure

by: BratJul 28, 2015 2:51:42 PM

I don't think anybody is released by any sorority because their GPA is too high! It would be more because they have a sister sitting in a house, or they have very close friends in a house.
All groups want girls with great grades, even the party groups. You have to have those with great grades to bring up the overall GPA.

By: Brat
#3  by: Active   

Honestly you would think they would rush them hard, but two of my roommates had over 4.0s and were dropped by aphi first round. They wouldn't have ended up aphi anyway so they didn't really care but you think they would try harder for them. Same with zeta. Gphi is a different story I think, they really push for girls with good grades, sometimes they just don't get them.

By: Active
by: thanksJul 28, 2015 7:41:24 AM

That's a shame because I liked aphi. But whatever happens happens! Thanks

By: thanks
by: BratJul 28, 2015 2:53:25 PM

There are LOTS of girls with 4.0, and LOTS of girls with 4.0+. There are so many that like every 3rd girl on the list has a 4 point something. They may have been released for other reasons.

By: Brat

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.