facebook

not getting responses from fraternities

by: Rushee

I'm from the Midwest and I emailed a 8 or 9 recruitment chairs about joining their fraternity's however I only got 2 responses. Its not like I emailed southern only fraternities either. Does anyone have an idea why I'm not getting many responses?

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: It's    

Complicated.

By: It's
#2  by: rush123   

I'm having the exact same problems man

By: rush123
#3  by: Tip   

When emailing recruitment chairs, try to sound bland as possible. I know we've made fun of kids for how stupid their emails were in the past. Also be respectful, use the proper terms (fraternity, not frat) and most of all be humble. You're basically asking them to check you out, so you shouldn't assume anything.

By: Tip
by: 4737Jul 25, 2015 9:42:27 AM

Most chapters save a little room for oos guys not previously on radar, but it will be a challenge for you. Bring your A game when you get here and get here early.

By: 4737
by: Rushee Jul 25, 2015 10:33:17 AM

Would it be a bad idea to try emailing them again?

By: Rushee
#4  by: No   

Not a bad idea at all.

By: No
#5  by: well   

Even the New Row houses are full of a large amount of Southern kids and being southern is a plus during rush. You can get a bid being from the midwest but you need an in somehow usually

By: well
by: Late comersJul 25, 2015 12:55:44 PM

If you do not already have an in, the best way to pick up a bid at this point is to be someone that can help a house do better in intermurals

By: Late comers
#6  by: athlete   

Well i am athletic, so how do i show that to the fraternities for intermurals.

By: athlete
by: BratJul 28, 2015 2:29:05 PM

Ask about what intramural sports they play, what championships they've won. Tell the you want to play______ and ask about their team.
It's not rocket science!

By: Brat
#7  by: Pledge class   

4737- when u say get here early, week before move in? Is anything happening before 16/17th to try and meet up? I'm oos and have contacted houses through email got nothing

By: Pledge class
by: -Jul 28, 2015 2:29:20 PM

Sorority bid day is the 15th and that's one of the biggest days for frats and pledges. The pledges give out roses to girls and things like that. So I would say you need to get a big before that to participate in bid day activities

By: -
by: @pcJul 28, 2015 6:55:43 PM

they might have figured you out or know who you might be... you look like a scrub on this site

By: @pc
#8  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump
#9  by: Wait   

Bump

By: Wait

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.