facebook

swaps and siterhood

by: Excited pnm

Okay so how many swaps do we usually have every year? Are pretty much all of the silly themes? In additions to swaps what is a good what to get to know your new sisters?

Posted By: Excited pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmmmm   

The more popular houses have swaps every week during football season. Less popular houses like Theta and Gphi some fraternities will drop or not schedule for a swap so they swap less.

By: hmmmm
by: Active Jul 23, 2015 8:40:40 PM

Theta has swaps every week. They (and a lot of other houses) also have swaps twice a week sometimes--Thursday and Tuesday. I'm not sure about Gamma Phi but I would imagine they would also have at least have one swap a week. There are a lot more sororities than there are fraternities so sororities are really in control of how many swaps there are.

By: Active
by: @activeJul 23, 2015 8:45:25 PM

Think you mean more fraternities than sororities

By: @active
by: @activeJul 23, 2015 8:47:25 PM

also fraternities host the swaps so I wouldnt say sororities are in control... like at all. I know we purposefully never book those houses plus a couple others so I think we are in control...

by: @@activeJul 23, 2015 8:50:58 PM

Why would you not? You are not even cute!

By: @@active
by: @activeJul 23, 2015 8:52:10 PM

I'm just being honest. The poster asked a question. And not up to me, just a general consensus.

by: ReallyJul 23, 2015 10:01:49 PM

If a fraternity doesn't want to book a particular sorority it is their loss -- and an easy way for girls to spot the guys who are superficial. Plenty of other fraternities out there. The girls aren't the ones losing out.

By: Really
by: @reallyJul 23, 2015 10:18:40 PM

Is it superficial? Yes. Am I missing out on meeting good, nice, beautiful girls? Yes. But to pretend fraternities dont do this is naive. I know its stupid, superficial, etc, but it happens. PNMs have a right to know that

By: @really
by: Active Jul 24, 2015 9:04:22 AM

I never said fraternities don't do this but there are only a small number who do. In my four years in a "bottom tier" house, I can only think of one time that we didn't have a swap during the fall--when an old row fraternity cancelled on us. Was it rude? Yes. Did it make me hate everyone in that fraternity? No. Did I view them in a different light? Most definitely. But did we continue to have swaps the rest of the semester with awesome fraternities that were nice to us? Yes. Sororities are in control because there are less of us. We can continue to have more swaps with different houses while fraternities that are stuck on themselves will only swap with a few certain sororities.

by: @activeJul 24, 2015 9:21:49 AM

Whatever you say.. Earlier you said there were more of you and now you said there are less.

by: Active Jul 24, 2015 12:25:08 PM

I'm not trying to be rude or argue with you so I don't know why you're being rude here. There are more girls in sororities than guys in fraternities, but there are more fraternities than there are sororities. There are 16 sororities with 400+ girls in them, but there are 20+ fraternities that all have 50-130 members. The fact that there are less sororities means that there will always be fraternities that won't have a swap every week. My sorority had a swap every week while my boyfriend's "middle tier" fraternity had half as many swaps as we had. They would have loved to have as many swaps as we did, but the numbers weren't in their favor--which gives sororities the power. I'm not trying to be rude. In fact, you're the one who said you were too superficial to swap with my sorority, but I'm just trying to tell you like it is. And honestly, once you're my a freshman, swaps don't matter. Hanging out at the fraternity house isn't everything.

#2  by: Agree   

Totally agree that pnms should know. One of the key advantages to pledging a lower tier house is that it provides an easy means of identifying the most superficial guys on campus. Pro tip -- the nice guys usually aren't going to be found in the houses that are "too good" to swap with each and every sorority on campus.

By: Agree
#3  by: Totally   

Swaps and parties are usually not required...but why did you join a sorority? To have more fun in college, of course! Go, meet people, have fun. If you have a hometown honey, don't worry - you won't be forced to date anyone at college.

By: Totally
by: Good pointJul 24, 2015 6:39:10 AM

Swaps are fun. But don't join a house based on who they swap with. All girls have plenty of chances to meet guys. So pledge where you like the girls who will be your sisters. They will be your support system these next four years. You will have a fun social life wherever you end up. (The same advice applies to guys. Join the house where you like your brothers. You will also have a fun social life.)

By: Good point

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.