facebook

rush conversations

by: Pnm

What are some tips you have for when you are conversing with the actives during rush? More specifically, what kind of questions will we be asked?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: just   

just be yourself. don't answer questions with one word, answer in at least two full sentences. fake confidence until you are confident!

By: just
#2  by: lllooo   

GREAT question! So hard for shy girls to make conversation!

By: lllooo
#3  by: active   

the important thing is DON'T BE NERVOUS!! in all honestly i'm probably more nervous than you, because i'll be a sophmore and this is my first time on the other side of rush. we'll ask you general questions like 1) what did you do in high school 2) what did you do this summer 3) what's your major 4) where are you living 5) what are you most excited for during freshman year 6) did you do any volunteer work/ clubs in high school 7) why do you want to join a sorority and stuff like that!! also try not to talk about partying and drinking/ boys/ politics, and don't bring it up to the girls rushing you because we're not allowed to talk about it! just be yourself and it will be all good :) good luck!

By: active
by: 098876Jul 23, 2015 5:47:07 PM

Sweet, and great advice!

By: 098876
#4  by: 345564564   

bump

By: 345564564
#5  by: Thnkin   

Come up with a list of questions that you can mentally pick from - keep a printed list in your tote to refresh your mind between parties. Anything - movies you saw this summer, fun classes, favorite thing at the rec center, why you chose Bama,
Ask about the sorority house, social activites, leadership opportunities, what you learned as a sorority member.

By: Thnkin
by: WhattJul 24, 2015 2:01:40 AM

That's horrible advice. Please don't ask my what movies I saw this summer....

By: Whatt

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.